• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Other halves

Orenoko

Mama Doe
So I'm laid up in bed as I've torn all the ligaments in my ankle and I'm listening to my other half attempting to clean the litter tray in the spare room. Anyone would think there's an army of rottweilers attacking him rather than one able bodied and one disabled bunny investigating what he's up to. He must've been in there for 10 minutes and hasn't even emptied the one corner they pee in. He's still got to refill it, change their water and give them veg. He's going to be there all night at this rate! :shock::lol:

Ouch, sounds painful, get well soon.

That's funny! Last summer I took the kids camping and left my dh to look after our 9 at the time. I bagged up all the food and veg for each day and labelled everything. I don't think he could quite believe how much work it was :). Tbh though 9 is quite a lot, we currently have 11 x

Ouch, sounds painful, get well soon.

That's funny! Last summer I took the kids camping and left my dh to look after our 9 at the time. I bagged up all the food and veg for each day and labelled everything. I don't think he could quite believe how much work it was :). Tbh though 9 is quite a lot, we currently have 11 x
We only have two! He's fine with them normally but today it was chaos! Not sure if they were being extra cheeky, it was a bit like kids playing up for a supply teacher. I couldn't help but laugh at him saying they were going to bite him, I was thinking "my little angels would never do such a thing!" [emoji23]

I'm only allowed to rest for a day or two then have to get back to being as active as possible, so normal service will be resumed shortly!

Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk

When I broke my ribs and collar bone a few years back my hubby had to look after all 16 bunnies. I used to supervise and give him instructions :lol:

Hope you get well soon.

I don’t have an other half but I do make the kids take their turn to clean out the rabbits and it’s quite frustrating watching or listening to them! I often feel I would be quicker doing it myself but they have to learn :lol:

He's looked after them loads of times, I guess I've just never been around to witness the chaos firsthand [emoji23] I managed to get in there to feed them some treats this morning and they were good as gold, they do make me laugh. They were supposed to have their vaccinations today but have had to rearrange.

Mine's usually alright but yeah, sometime they play up with him because he's too soft on them XD

They do have an innate ability to sniff out the soft touches.

My buns have been to the RVC a few times and I noticed something very interesting. Usually my buns are as good as gold with my normal vet because she has the "don't mess around with me" authority an experienced qualified vet has. As the RVC is a teaching hospital my buns have also been examined by student vets. They haven't quite acquired the authority and confidence for handling them. All the buns have clocked onto this straightaway and boy do they play up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They do have an innate ability to sniff out the soft touches.

My buns have been to the RVC a few times and I noticed something very interesting. Usually my buns are as good as gold with my normal vet because she has the "don't mess around with me" authority an experienced qualified vet has. As the RVC is a teaching hospital my buns have also been examined by student vets. They haven't quite acquired the authority and confidence for handling them. All the buns have clocked onto this straightaway and boy do they play up!
That IS interesting! I heard some horses can be the same: be awful for the timid riders XD

All horses are the same. They are like kids and will test boundrys. When I used a riding school the horses were always alot different to ride in the holidays after they'd had kids on them all day, but 10 mins into a lesson they'd be back to normal.

My dogs are also the same, they play my hubby up cronic, but are angels for me.

That IS interesting! I heard some horses can be the same: be awful for the timid riders XD
Funny you should say that, I'm currently having issues with my horse where he's decided I'm a soft touch all of a sudden but only on certain days... It's a tad more difficult to resolve with half a ton of animal than it is with a little fluffer!

Back