• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I think my rabbit is a dog..

Elop

Warren Scout
This bunny terrified me doing what I can only describe as a death roll / flop! I actually think he was relaxing and getting comfy!
aa1a2f9d6a980c7a80e7b1e9513c9d1f.jpg
78232185b032d5c6e436ca210a1c3889.jpg
a0ea2ae08773e2b740a6e53b0af1a472.jpg
a5dc1b2fac7762d910027e2e726d1d3f.jpg

Does anyone else have dog like rabbits?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

look at the ears on that...like something out of star wars

my stropsey flops like that...I get heart attack everytime I see him like that...he is also deaf, so can't hear me calling him

I have learnt to watch for his breathing

look at the ears on that...like something out of star wars

my stropsey flops like that...I get heart attack everytime I see him like that...he is also deaf, so can't hear me calling him

I have learnt to watch for his breathing

I keep checking he is breathing. Our previous English lop did this and the next day he died and he was the same age so I’m super paranoid

I keep checking he is breathing. Our previous English lop did this and the next day he died and he was the same age so I’m super paranoid

I like to think our previous bunny was happy and content the night before he died

Hello, yes this is a common (daily) occurrence in our home. Both buns do it, but one bun does it every day, usually when he's had his fill of hay and is ready for an afternoon nap.
Every now and then I have to check that he's still breathing.

It's not called the dead bunny flop for nothing :)
I'm sure there are rabbit carers up and down the country who have a little heart stopping moment when this happens.

Hello, yes this is a common (daily) occurrence in our home. Both buns do it, but one bun does it every day, usually when he's had his fill of hay and is ready for an afternoon nap.
Every now and then I have to check that he's still breathing.

It's not called the dead bunny flop for nothing :)
I'm sure there are rabbit carers up and down the country who have a little heart stopping moment when this happens.

It’s adorable isn’t it. Very dramatic and shocking at first!

Back