• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Endeavour - U/D 14th August- A Bit Better Today

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
Can we have some RU vibes please. Endeavour is in a huge amount of pain due to his arthritis :cry:

His analgesic doses have been increased, but he is a poorly boy at the moment :cry:

Last edited:
Sending lots of vibes for Endeavour. I hope his pain lessens soon. I also hope he is being suitably soothed by Nurse Aoife :love:

Poor Endeavour [emoji17] Sending millions of vibes for him and I hope the increased pain relief will help him be more comfortable xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks so much everyone. The increase in doses of his analgesia seems to have kicked in now and he's looking a bit more comfortable. He is a bit happier too as he has been allowed to have a Fenugreek Crunchie. My Rabbits dont usually get that kind of 'treat', but sometimes needs must xx

Glad he is feeling a little more comfortable now. I agree about the treats, sometimes it's all they need to perk them up a bit. Last night I accidentally swallowed a bit of drink into my lungs and choked, Lola knows when I cough normally and ignores it, but if I cough differently like when in the throws of an allergy that affects my lungs and like last night, she gets agitated and thumps. She refused her pellets after and was looking very sad so I gave her kale and it was enough to spark her interest and act normally again. I think special to them food is a good distraction xxx

Oh bless him, he’ll be demanding a crunchie on a regular basis now! I hope he continues to feel better. My Mum had a budgie when she was young, I can’t remember his name, sorry. It was a perfect mimic, apparently my Nana was expecting someone to drop something off but they were very late and so Nana wasn’t intending to be very hospitable to them when they finally arrived. When they did turn up, the budgie said perfectly in my Nana’s voice, “Would you like a cup of tea?”, to which the visitor replied, “Yes, please.”, so she had to make him a cuppa. Anyway, the budgie looked poorly one day and so my Nana gave it a mix of whiskey and sugar which it slipped off a spoon (this was in the 1940’s) Budgie perked up after this, but seemed sorry for himself later, so Nana gave him so more. This happened quite regularly and eventually my Nana became suspicious. Budgie was looking sorry for himself again, but this time Nana just put some water on the spoon. Budgie pathetically hopped over and took a sip. Apparently, he squawked in disgust and flew off and was absolutely fine!

Oh bless him, he’ll be demanding a crunchie on a regular basis now! I hope he continues to feel better. My Mum had a budgie when she was young, I can’t remember his name, sorry. It was a perfect mimic, apparently my Nana was expecting someone to drop something off but they were very late and so Nana wasn’t intending to be very hospitable to them when they finally arrived. When they did turn up, the budgie said perfectly in my Nana’s voice, “Would you like a cup of tea?”, to which the visitor replied, “Yes, please.”, so she had to make him a cuppa. Anyway, the budgie looked poorly one day and so my Nana gave it a mix of whiskey and sugar which it slipped off a spoon (this was in the 1940’s) Budgie perked up after this, but seemed sorry for himself later, so Nana gave him so more. This happened quite regularly and eventually my Nana became suspicious. Budgie was looking sorry for himself again, but this time Nana just put some water on the spoon. Budgie pathetically hopped over and took a sip. Apparently, he squawked in disgust and flew off and was absolutely fine!

Ha ha !!! A Budgie with a taste for the amber nectar :lol:

When I was a child if I had been ill and in need of a 'tonic' I was given raw egg whipped up in milk with a shot of Brandy and sugar added :shock: I think doing that would prompt a call to Child Protection Services these days . Never did me any harm though, just put me off Brandy and Advoka for life :lol:

Back