• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Petplan premium increases

mariposa

Mama Doe
They have gone up by a couple of £ every year. I have claimed a few times but they say this won’t increase premiums. Is it worth calling them to see if they’ll reconsider the latest increase which has just come through? xx

They have gone up by a couple of £ every year. I have claimed a few times but they say this won’t increase premiums. Is it worth calling them to see if they’ll reconsider the latest increase which has just come through? xx

Yes you can do it get another quote and if it’s cheaper call PP and see if they will match it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

give them a call :)

Check any multipet discount has been added.

It will increase every year as they take into account rising vet fees, any rise in insurance premium tax etc.

The new quote etc might not be that useful as they'll know any pre existing won't be covered and they could argue they are covering those conditions.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

give them a call :)

Check any multipet discount has been added.

It will increase every year as they take into account rising vet fees, any rise in insurance premium tax etc.

The new quote etc might not be that useful as they'll know any pre existing won't be covered and they could argue they are covering those conditions.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

It might be a good starting point. I’ve worked in insurance for many many years and it’s certainly worth a try.

If I call them what do I say? I’m rubbish at haggling [emoji85]

Rates are not only based on claim loss ratios. Sometimes premiums will come down depending on underwriting criteria. Just say you wondered if that’s the best price they can possibly do as you are a loyal longterm customer. Say you can find cheaper cover elsewhere but wanted to allow them the opportunity to see if they can better their rate first. If they say no then at least you know you have tried.

Rates are not only based on claim loss ratios. Sometimes premiums will come down depending on underwriting criteria. Just say you wondered if that’s the best price they can possibly do as you are a loyal longterm customer. Say you can find cheaper cover elsewhere but wanted to allow them the opportunity to see if they can better their rate first. If they say no then at least you know you have tried.

Thank you 😊 I don’t want to switch insurers as have been very happy with them but am concerned that it’ll keep going up every year. Will give them a call and let you know how I get on xx

Got ours through he only just 3 and it's ridiculous price then adding on tlc costs it's like huge increase of £40 a year which I slot :cry:

If you have made claims, don't switch insurance provider. The new insurer won't cover anything related to the preexisting conditions.
No harm in asking if they will give you a discount, but don't make threats you shouldn't follow through like leaving :)

Back