• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sharing Food

Lynn

Mama Doe
Can bunnies be taught to share food :?

Robbie and Molly seem to be getting on well, and we want to put them both into Robs outside house during the day, and have them both in the one bedroom in the house, without seperation bars. Problem is FOOD !!!

Molly eats all veggies in the bowl within two minutes of getting them :? . Rob however has always paced his food throughout the day. They get fed in the morning when they go outside, and in the evening before bed. At the moment, if they are not seperated at feeding time Molly empties her bowl, and then goes and starts on his. Same story if they get a leaf etc - he loses half of his as soon as she is finished. He is not being forceful and tends to go away and sulk when she starts on his bowl :roll: .

I'm worried that he will not be getting enough food, and she will be getting far too much. Any ideas. As I said, seperating them at feeding times is hard as he paces his food throughout the day.

He'll soon learn!!
My four have one large bowl between them. However, I often hand feed pellets and veg to ensure that they all get some (plus this is helping to gain the confidence of my two new ones). Hobo is very greedy so I tend to let him out of the shed whilst I put the food down just to give the others a head start. He is very easy to catch so I do this even at night time.

I one bun brighter/more athletic than the other. Is so putting the food in a treat ball or on top of something might help. You could also try hanging it up and putting it in different places rather than in a bowl as it takes longer to find/eat then.

Tam

Back