• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Post spay snugabun snuggles

Graciee

Staff member
Apricot is on the left, Penelope the right :)
fc08eab3517c868711d9aca8c5cd9f44.jpg

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Oh Grace - are they eating OK? Pooping etc?

Love to them both xx
Penelope is nibbling stuff, Apricot won't eat anything :( no poop yet. Any suggestions on when to start syringe feeding? I don't wanna put them through it if it's not needed... But also don't wanna leave it and they end up in a worse state.. I swear I'm the worst bunny owner [emoji38] nervous wreck - I'm already on the sofa, gunna stay all night I think [emoji38]

Aww :love: I’m so pleased they are ok :thumb:
Same :D vets phones went down and I couldn't get through to check they were okay, and they couldn't call me... I was so so worried [emoji38]

Penelope is nibbling stuff, Apricot won't eat anything :( no poop yet. Any suggestions on when to start syringe feeding? I don't wanna put them through it if it's not needed... But also don't wanna leave it and they end up in a worse state.. I swear I'm the worst bunny owner [emoji38] nervous wreck - I'm already on the sofa, gunna stay all night I think [emoji38]

After mine were spayed I was told to syringe feed that evening if they didn't eat. So I did ..
I am a fan of 'not waiting' and giving the Infacol and feeds if necessary x

After mine were spayed I was told to syringe feed that evening if they didn't eat. So I did ..
I am a fan of 'not waiting' and giving the Infacol and feeds if necessary x
Yea I'm the same tbh, thing is Penelope is nibbling... And Apricot just took a single treat... Idk, if Apricot isn't nibbling soon ima give her some I think x

I wonder if she will take some recovery food or mashed pellets from a saucer? Mashed up banana or fruit baby food mixed in usually encourages them too :thumb:

I wonder if she will take some recovery food or mashed pellets from a saucer? Mashed up banana or fruit baby food mixed in usually encourages them too :thumb:
Yea I could try that first before syringing anything :) I've got some of the banana Ella's kitchen stuff in and the apple so maybe I'll try that before syringing it, thanks :)

Yea I could try that first before syringing anything :) I've got some of the banana Ella's kitchen stuff in and the apple so maybe I'll try that before syringing it, thanks :)

Fingers crossed she likes it :thumb:

Fingers crossed she likes it :thumb:
Yea, just opened the critical care I forgot how horrid that stuff is [emoji38] makes me wanna gag no wonder buns don't love it...

Yea, just opened the critical care I forgot how horrid that stuff is [emoji38] makes me wanna gag no wonder buns don't love it...

Yes, it doesn’t smell very nice :lol:

Yea I'm the same tbh, thing is Penelope is nibbling... And Apricot just took a single treat... Idk, if Apricot isn't nibbling soon ima give her some I think x

Have you any baby food in pouches? I usually mix one with some mashed up pellets or recovery food - bananas and blueberries tends to go down well here :)

They will need to more than nibble to keep those guts moving ...

Buns are supposed to go for the aniseed taste, which is why they (usually) like fenugreek crunchies.
Mine don't like recovery food at all!

I often whizz up fibafirst with fruit or veg and syringe that instead

Have you any baby food in pouches? I usually mix one with some mashed up pellets or recovery food - bananas and blueberries tends to go down well here :)

They will need to more than nibble to keep those guts moving ...
Well I syringed a bit to Apricot, in a few hours I'll syringe feed them both I guess - urgh it's gunna be a long night - never let me get a bun that isn't spayed again, 1 outta 5 has been okay after - the rest forget what food is [emoji38]

Well I syringed a bit to Apricot, in a few hours I'll syringe feed them both I guess - urgh it's gunna be a long night - never let me get a bun that isn't spayed again, 1 outta 5 has been okay after - the rest forget what food is [emoji38]

I know, very stressful :(

I took on an unwanted ex-breeding doe and I was in bits when she didn't eat for three days after her spay!

Normally it all works out for the best. You've got Metacam, yes?

Have you a follow up with William? (I'm guessing you didn't use Vets4Pets?)

I know, very stressful :(

I took on an unwanted ex-breeding doe and I was in bits when she didn't eat for three days after her spay!

Normally it all works out for the best. You've got Metacam, yes?

Have you a follow up with William? (I'm guessing you didn't use Vets4Pets?)

Atticus didn't eat alone for 2 weeks [emoji38] it was a nightmare - yea first dose is tomorrow am.

Yes seeing him again Friday, yea took them to William - I saw him when I picked them up actually, he asked how old they were supposed to be, I said about 7months now according to what pets at home said - he said both their uterus' were tiny - what he'd expect to have seen in a rabbit of more like 4 months old.. Not sure what to think of that [emoji38]

Back