• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Meet Tiny Tim

Jaypot

Mama Doe
This afternoon John said that I looked a bit peaky and said that we could go and see the buns up at our local rescue centre - he reckoned that the drive and the fresh air would do me good :) We got a box of veggies together and off we went - we would only be half an hour. The local rescue had eight buns in - they now have seven :? We came home with Timmy who we are calling Tiny Tim at the moment 8) He's only six months old but something isn't right about him - he has ever such a slight head tilt and his gait is not right - he's not falling over but something is telling me that all it not well. He seems perfectly normal to other people but John and I have a gut feeling that all is not as it seems. He's lovely but not sure what type of breed he is - probably a Heinz 57 :lol: :lol:
We will take him to the vet next week as I would like to monitor him over the next few days - he eats well and plays well but it's as though sometimes the brain does not receive the messages about his legs until later than it should :roll:
Anyway, here are some pictures of him - isn't he cute? :oops: :oops:
Nov38.jpg

[/img]
Nov37.jpg

Aawwww, Tiny Tim is lovely.

Hope you're feeling better now Jay - I'm sure he helped brighten your day. :)

i remember reading something about this a while ago and i've been trying to recall where i saw the article... no joy. from memory i think the article implied that if the problem associated with the head tilt is addressed early things don't have to get worse.
in my hunt for Jack, i came across a bun with a head tilt. he wasn't available for rehoming as the rescue were looking after him permanently. anyway, he was doing fine. the 'condition' was under control and apart from the 'head tilt' he was fine.

i did a quick search to see if i could find the article again, unfortunately no joy, but i did find the following link.... hope this helps.

http://www.mth.kcl.ac.uk/~llandau/Homepage/Rabbit/headtilt.html

good luck and plse let us know what the vet says.

juliex

He's a sweetie pie :D sounds like fate, you were meant to go to the rescue because there was Tiny Timmy who needed you. I am sure he will be OK because he is with you now :D

Hope your feeling better now or is Jemima still nursing you :?:

Back