• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Double trouble

mariposa

Mama Doe
It’s taken longer than I would’ve liked but finally in a position to look for a wifebun for my little guy. I’d go to a rescue and get them bonded there, but when they come home, should they have two litter trays, bowls etc? Planning on giving them a bedroom to themselves, are they then likely to fight if in a smaller space at boarding? xx

Eek! Sounds like your bun's bachelor days are about to come to an end!

My two share everything. They do have two litter trays but only because I have one in the living room and one in the bedroom and they're filled with different types of hay. But they'll happily eat in the same one together. They also have one large water bowl and one large food tray to share. Mine don't get pellets but I understand they can trigger food aggression and/or chasing so it might be better to scatter feed them rather than serving them in a bowl.

Good luck in your search for his wife bun. [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you so much 😊 He already gets scatter fed so is used to that.

Haha, not sure what he’ll make of another bunny now but we’ll see! xx

How lovely. I think they'll be fine to share litter tray if its big enough. Very exciting times ahead for your boy. My favourite method is to take my bun to rescue & let them do the choosing, I think they prefer this to arranged marriage(IME). Looking forward to seeing how all this progresses x

I have two litter trays, but that's because luna and orion insist on having their own pee corners :lol:

they have 1 water bowl to share, but I do double bowls for pellet otherwise they argue

Hey mariposa,

Exciting news and bet your little man can’t wait! Guessing he’s much better and doing well?

Like others have said, we tend also tend to have 2 litter trays, one large under storage box which both buns use together but we also have a little one in another corner just so they have the option!

Look forward to seeing the updates.. Xx

Last edited:
Aww, thanks everyone!
Ruthy he is, thanks. Occasionally looks very slightly tilty but you’d barely notice.

Do you think they’d be likely to fight if they went into a smaller space at boarding? Realise it probably depends on the buns! xx

Aww, thanks everyone!
Ruthy he is, thanks. Occasionally looks very slightly tilty but you’d barely notice.

Do you think they’d be likely to fight if they went into a smaller space at boarding? Realise it probably depends on the buns! xx

Aww that’s such great news, bless him! :)

Erm being honest I’d of thought they should be okay as assuming they’ll be fully bonded beforehand?

My two obviously have their own bedroom and full access to the house, but when I took them upto Wales with me a couple of years ago, they we’re in a much smaller bedroom for 3 days and we’re absolutely fine! But they had been happily bonded for 6 months.

Have you found a potential lady friend for him?

Thank you 😊 Yeah they would be fully bonded before going to boarding.
Not a specific one but been in touch with a rescue. Need to sort the room out first! xx

If they were to fall out going to boarding I'd assume it would be because of new territories or referred aggression rather than smaller space. Most bunnies are fine being boarded though so I'd think positive & assume yours will be too

Thanks everyone :) Will probably get that one, although we're at the vets next weekend and I know they have some carriers for sale so will have a look there.

If they are having a room to themselves, do you think it's worth having a puppy pen as a "base" (never to be closed, well maybe to clean rest of room) or just free range? xx

Thanks everyone :) Will probably get that one, although we're at the vets next weekend and I know they have some carriers for sale so will have a look there.

If they are having a room to themselves, do you think it's worth having a puppy pen as a "base" (never to be closed, well maybe to clean rest of room) or just free range? xx

I don't think a puppy pen would be necessary but make sure there are things (a table for instance) to snooze under. Mine always like overhead shelter by day

Back