• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Adding another bunnie to a bonded pair

bunnygran

Warren Scout
Hello, I have been reading everything I can find on bonding bunnies. We want to add another one to our bonded pair. Would it be OK to put the new bunny in a separate cage in the same room as the other two and let the bonded pair and the new bunny out at separate times. We thought we would leave our new bun a few weeks as she needs to be spayed, before we introduce them but we aren't sure whether it would be OK for them to be in the same area but separately, if you see what I mean.

I`m planning on getting a third bun. I was going to do as your going to. Have them in the same room but let out at different times.

When I do put them together, it will be in a nutural place and monitored.

bronie

Thanks Bunnymad. I am so anxious that things go well with introducing the 3rd bunny as my other two are so happy I don't want to upset them too much. Let me know how your bonding goes, good luck!

will do :)

But it will be in the first few months of next year.

Dad came over yesterday to finish off the 3 level indoor bunny condo and within minutes put his back out and went home. So the first thing I need is the bunny condo finished :!: I`m dieing to post photos of them in the new house too :!:

I must look at the price of getting Bugzee fixed too so I can get that third bun :!: :!:

So its a race on who gets the third bun and bonded 8)

bronie

I got a new bunny to go with my mixed pair last Thursday, They all met a couple of weeks ago and seemed to kinda like each other. Thursday my new boy came home and he is in a run next to my other 2, I let them out at different times and they all get to check each other out.
I have put them all together on neutral teritory on Sunday night and last night for 10 minutes and they are getting on ok. Just a bit of humping and chasing but nothing nasty.

Keeping your new one in a cage in the same room as your other 2 is a good idea, just make sure your 2 don't get jealous, make sure you give them extra attention :wink:

Hi I have a bonded pair..a buck and doe..( also have 3 singles) but if either of them see another bun they start to attack each other! :( Does anyone know if this is common? It can be difficult screening the others off from them. What is strange is they can hear and smell the others and don't react, only sight sets them off.

bondingpair add 1

I have several bonded pairs who have varying degrees of affection for each other. When out loose in the garden they come across a fellow bun who is in a run, depending on the sex the buck will chase his doe away from the one in the run as if to say 'stay away from this rival-you belong to me' !?!? OR if the doe is loose with her mate and goes near a bun in the run she may run alongside the'trapped' bun backwards and forwards as if to say' look at me i'm free and you can't get at me'!?!? Occasionally a perfectly previously happy pair will go at each other as if they've forgotten they are friends whena rival comes near. This seems only temporarily as they groom each other afterwards as if to say 'still friends' or' I know your my mate/boss' . O f course payback time comes when the ones out loose in the garden become the ones in a run and vice-versa !!!
lynne :) :)

I got my third bun :D :shock:

Dad still hasn`t finished the 3 level house for them so they are all loose in the lounge when I`m home and Sparkee stays out 24/7 if hes not in the car with me :)

Sparkee being a 12 week old male has made bonding a bit of a worry but no real fights yet between Shadow and Sparkee 8) Just alot of racing around and Sparks getting the odd nip.

Sometimes it looks like Bugzee (100% female) is protecting Sparkee :) She will come between the two of them:)

bronie

Back