• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Can anyone help Farrah - rabbit given birth to 2nd litter whilst nursing first litter

What does she need help with? I don't remember any questions, all I saw was people jumping on her lol

What does she need help with? I don't remember any questions, all I saw was people jumping on her lol

Farrah needs positive advice on how to care for these babies. What’s done is done and everyone makes mistakes.

I’ve posted this thread to get some helpful, positive advice for Farrah, which is what was asked for. Everyone makes mistakes. I wouldn’t want Farrah (or anyone for that matter) to feel like they’ve been jumped on.

I’ve posted this thread to get some helpful, positive advice for Farrah, which is what was asked for. Everyone makes mistakes. I wouldn’t want Farrah (or anyone for that matter) to feel like they’ve been jumped on.
Yea I agree, I get why people may have tho a little.. It's such an avoidable mad situation, but none the less if Farrah posts some clear questions and explains more fully, I'm sure people will try to help :) I definitely will

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Farrah needs positive advice on how to care for these babies. What’s done is done and everyone makes mistakes.

Hey I agree, I don't think the replies were very constructive and it feels pointless to berate her about it.

Hope the new babies turn out okay as well as the last litter :)

Yea I agree, I get why people may have tho a little.. It's such an avoidable mad situation, but none the less if Farrah posts some clear questions and explains more fully, I'm sure people will try to help :) I definitely will

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Yes, hopefully Farrah will come back on and post some more info. Hopefully someone with experience will be able to offer advice, I’ve not had experience of kits myself, so I can’t offer up much help really.

Hey I agree, I don't think the replies were very constructive and it feels pointless to berate her about it.

Hope the new babies turn out okay as well as the last litter :)

:thumb: Fingers crossed they will be ok :thumb:

I have never experienced this situation, had baby rabbits but not one litter after another. What I think I would do if in that situation is to separate the first babies so Mum can continue feeding the new babies. I am wondering where the Father is and has he been neutered because if he hasn't he will be wanting to mate with her again if he hasn't already done so.

I have never experienced this situation, had baby rabbits but not one litter after another. What I think I would do if in that situation is to separate the first babies so Mum can continue feeding the new babies. I am wondering where the Father is and has he been neutered because if he hasn't he will be wanting to mate with her again if he hasn't already done so.

I believe he was neutered last Friday, or the one before.

I’ve had a litter of kits (rescue doe who gave birth unexpectedly a week after adoption ) so have posted on the thread. I’m not sure I can offer much help as it was one litter only but my local rescue had a 2 litter scenario and I’ve explained what she did. All the buns were ok as they were all eating ok. Anyway, hopefully things can move on now and the situation can be contained.

Back