• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Quiet sections RUers

mini lop1

Wise Old Thumper
Hi RUers,we have a number of very quiet sections on the forum. These being fundraising for rescues, items for sale and rabbits in need.
If anyone can contribute to awakening these sections it would be great as these where sections once buzzing with posts :wave::wave:

Hi RUers,we have a number of very quiet sections on the forum. These being fundraising for rescues, items for sale and rabbits in need.
If anyone can contribute to awakening these sections it would be great as these where sections once buzzing with posts :wave::wave:

I think most Rescues use other social media sources these days Lisa. I did recently do a bit of Fund Raising for ARC via RU though. I also posted a thread in RIN. RU has changed a lot in recent years and I guess that can be said for most Forums. People/organisations move on.

RU seems to be stuck with you and me though doesn't it !! :lol:

It’s changed a lot since I joined (and wrote the tooth article in the reference section I was pleased to see is still there) however three houses, three kids, four different jobs and various pets over the years so have I! With my youngest starting school in September the theory is I may have more time [emoji23], although with all those bunnies I just took on - probably not! Pre-kids I volunteered at local rescues, helped move rabbits across country and donated hay and stuff. When I looked on RR I realised there aren’t any local small animal rescues any more near here, just the big boys further out like Wood Green etc, in Berkshire there was more choice to help out. I’ve adopted from ARC in the past but they aren’t really close for other kinds of help from me. I did donate unused food (fussy cat) and wormers to a local cat rescue but admit that just getting the kids to all their activities (sports/dance etc) fills my time.

I remember taking a bunch of stuff bought from fundraising on here to a few rescues across Berks/Hants but can’t recall how the funds were raised? [emoji848]

Caz

Last edited:
I think most Rescues use other social media sources these days Lisa. I did recently do a bit of Fund Raising for ARC via RU though. I also posted a thread in RIN. RU has changed a lot in recent years and I guess that can be said for most Forums. People/organisations move on.

RU seems to be stuck with you and me though doesn't it !! :lol:

Yes lol, its a shame they can't cross post and share fundraising on here that are being used on social networking

I miss out on all the fund raisey stuff as I don't have Facebook. Would be nice for others like me on thr forum to have stuff here although I quess it's because there is a lot more people likely to see it on Facebook

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

I agree, I think the way people use social media has changed dramatically since the forum was set up.

Facebook makes it much easier for rescues to quickly reach a very wide audience and also for us to easily follow a lot of different interests all in one place.

If members know of any rescues and can spare some time themselves, maybe they can offer to list any rabbits for adoption in RIN on their behalf. ?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Back