• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Round around mounds

loobers25

Warren Veteran
Has anyone made one of these? If so how do you do it and does your bunny use it? I want to make a grass sectio for the bunnies out door playground but don't know how to make the mound? Is there a pipe inside?

Also what items do you recommend for bunnies outdoors and activities? Xx
c5958277083bfbade584efc660219c36.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Also what turf is safe - for example is there chemicals on turf

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

I think the mound shown is made with artificial grass as the runaround flower is clamped over it. You might be able to male one with an upturned planter or something like that?

I would ask local turf suppliers if they treat their turf with chemicals, if so what chemicals, as they might be safe for bunnies after a certain timescale :thumb:

From what I understood when I looked at these it's like a mesh dome with space for a pipe which you pack soil and turf onto. Not sure if some turf is better than others but you could maybe sow your own seed if your worried.

I think it's a really good idea, there is a animal park nearby us who has free range rabbits running about something like this, except it's about the height of an elephant. Lucky rabbits

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

It's just a mesh dome. I've actually asked a lot about these as I'm really interested in putting on in the garden.

You can use real turf, however you need to replace it every year or so as it doesn't get to hold enough water (there is no soil under it) so ends up dying.
Fake turf is better to prevent this issue, but if you have chewers you might find they eat the plastic turf.

It looks easy enough to make your own, but you'd need to be able to weld in order to make it strong enough to protect against predators.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Back