• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My bunnies have moved house!

Casco

Mama Doe
I moved them outdoors today, and it feels strange :lol: They seem to be quite liking it, they do have more space outside although the house is quiet without them!

Aww bless them, sounds like they're settling in fine outside too. You will defo miss them being in the house, I only had Ralph indoors for a few months but I always used to warn him I was coming into the kitchen so I didn't startle him - I thought it again tonight actually lol

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

I hope they are enjoying their new home and you don’t miss them too much:thumb:

I moved them outdoors today, and it feels strange :lol: They seem to be quite liking it, they do have more space outside although the house is quiet without them!

Aaaww lovely for them, but a little odd for you I expect - at least for the moment :)

They’ve always been indoors, taking over my lounge / dining area so it’ll take all of us a bit of getting used to! They’ve found a favourite spot on the shelf at the window and seem to be liking hopping in and out of the run. Have had to prop the catflap open though as they weren’t getting the hang of it! Time will tell whether it will be a temporary or permanent home for them.

can I be nosey & ask why they moved outside? I think Joey would would like to be an outside bunny but I've not enough space, I would miss him too much & Boo needs to be inside.
Other than the people bit outside buns must enjoy more stimulation

Other than the people bit outside buns must enjoy more stimulation
Yes, I think so. There's lots going on even in our industiral estate! Baby robins and wrens hopping through the run, aeroplanes and helicopters, birds in the tree, bicycles and boats along the canal...! If you can't be stimulating them indoors (or, in my case, find them WAAAY overstimulating) then outdoors is a good bet IMO.

can I be nosey & ask why they moved outside?

Main reason is my mum - she is allergic to them (probably the hay rather than the rabbits tbh although she has always insisted it’s the angora fur) and will be here for longer periods over the School summer hols watching my kids. She had a worse than normal reaction a couple of months ago - difficulty breathing etc - when she spent longer at my house.

Also they are wrecking my house :lol: I’m hoping to at least paint my skirting boards while I’ve got the chance!

Main reason is my mum - she is allergic to them (probably the hay rather than the rabbits tbh although she has always insisted it’s the angora fur) and will be here for longer periods over the School summer hols watching my kids. She had a worse than normal reaction a couple of months ago - difficulty breathing etc - when she spent longer at my house.

Also they are wrecking my house :lol: I’m hoping to at least paint my skirting boards while I’ve got the chance!

ahh, I see. I hope my parently don't become hay or rabbit allergic - my dad only got hayfever at the age of 76

Also they are wrecking my house [emoji38] I’m hoping to at least paint my skirting boards while I’ve got the chance!
I am writing this to anyone who put their buns outdoors and find it to be ok. First its does seem like they enjoy it. That is it is different like freedom. But it is more dangerous. One is flystrick. It happend to most outdoor rabbits. Its is very bad and most outdoor rabbits get it. Once they have it very hard to save them if ur lucky. They can get it indoors to, but not as much. Hutch rabbits dont live as long. Rabbits need to be surrounded by love of family and socialization not alone even it may seem happier out side. Animals could scare them and possibly have a heart attack from the scare of sounds or animals around them. Rabbits belong in side not outside, inside. Some people do let their buns for a while. If they do they must do careful checks to be sure no fly strick has occurs. It can easily happen to any animal. Your bunny will live a happy, safer and longer indoors.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I am writing this to anyone who put their buns outdoors and find it to be ok. First its does seem like they enjoy it. That is it is different like freedom. But it is more dangerous. One is flystrick. It happend to most outdoor rabbits. Its is very bad and most outdoor rabbits get it. Once they have it very hard to save them if ur lucky. They can get it indoors to, but not as much. Hutch rabbits dont live as long. Rabbits need to be surrounded by love of family and socialization not alone even it may seem happier out side. Animals could scare them and possibly have a heart attack from the scare of sounds or animals around them. Rabbits belong in side not outside, inside. Some people do let their buns for a while. If they do they must do careful checks to be sure no fly strick has occurs. It can easily happen to any animal. Your bunny will live a happy, safer and longer indoors.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

None of the above is strictly true. Outdoor bunnies lives can be just as long as indoor - I have two 10+ year old outdoor buns, and I know that my indoor bun won’t live to see that age. ‘Most’ rabbits don’t get fly strike. It is a danger but as long as we exercise caution and take all the preventative measures we can, you are quite likely to be ok. Casco, Hope your bunnies are very happy in their new home!

Back