• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fun thread - Bunny Parents Therapy Group

loobers25

Warren Veteran
Support & friendship group for people experiencing the daily struggle of bunny companionship

Ever found out that your bunny has eaten something they shouldn't have and anxiously waited to see if anything comes out the other end? *Cough cough Toby the rubber and cacti eater*

Or prehaps gone to plug in an appliance to discover it will not work as the cable has been bunified?

Maybe you have produced a few swear words when the freshly washed up bowl of water is immediately soiled and then half emptied by a passing zoom.

Then this group is for you.
Disclamer - This group is confidential and no information will be disclosed to any rabbits. Hoomans only.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I will begin. Toby obviously likes to eat his packed lunch on the window seal (meal with a view) whilst im out. It leaves brown skidders that are so crusty I have to scrape them off.

I once had to scrape a cecotroph off the ceiling, to this day I have no idea how it got there !

I once ended up in A+E with an abscess on my .......*coughs*..........nipple :oops: The cause ? A tiny piece of hay must have gotten into my bra and then worked it's way in to my nipple :oops: Trying to explain that to the (very young male) medic was a tad embarrassing !

Ha, I love this thread!

My bunnies have two under storage boxes as litter trays, the one in the living room is huge so there is plenty of room to pee. Sometimes Snoopy perches his bum right over the edge so the wee goes onto the floor rather than in the tray. I know he's doing it on purpose because he always looks so bloody pleased with himself when he's doing it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I once had to scrape a cecotroph off the ceiling, to this day I have no idea how it got there !

I once ended up in A+E with an abscess on my .......*coughs*..........nipple :oops: The cause ? A tiny piece of hay must have gotten into my bra and then worked it's way in to my nipple :oops: Trying to explain that to the (very young male) medic was a tad embarrassing !
I'm absolutely cracking up. I've had some up the walls, but never the ceiling. Ceco medal for you Jane!! :D :D

I have had splinters in my hands that have got all nasty from hay. I could only imagine a hay nip piercing!!

Ha, I love this thread!

My bunnies have two under storage boxes as litter trays, the one in the living room is huge so there is plenty of room to pee. Sometimes Snoopy perches his bum right over the edge so the wee goes onto the floor rather than in the tray. I know he's doing it on purpose because he always looks so bloody pleased with himself when he's doing it!

Does snoopy maintain eye contact whilst doing so? It's ok scrappy we are all friends here. Be strong. Toby can have a really spiteful look in his eyes when he wants to

Last edited:
Both of mine don't like eating out of the hay rack in the hutch: it's a hemisphere hanging basket that's had the 'open' top mostly covered in chickenwire to keep the hay in while it hangs on the wall, dome-bit facing outwards. They like to pull it down and dig through it :roll:

Matt has been leaving their evening bramble round the back of the run in little buckets of water so it stays nice and fresh. Sometimes it blows or falls close to the run and Aboleth has been witnessed trying to get hold of it! No doubt Lopsy would do the same...

Trying to put them in of a night! They come right up to you at first then realising what's going on run as far away as possible so I'm scrabbling around on my hands and knees because the run is only 3ft high :roll: I have sworn I'd leave them out for the cats if they don't play ball :eek:

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Ha, I love this thread!

Atticus does this!! It's maddening and he keeps full eye contact!

This thread is a good idea hahaha

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Omg Jane [emoji38][emoji38][emoji38][emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Trying to put them in of a night! They come right up to you at first then realising what's going on run as far away as possible so I'm scrabbling around on my hands and knees because the run is only 3ft high :roll: I have sworn I'd leave them out for the cats if they don't play ball :eek:

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Yeah - this :lol: I thought I was the only one having trouble getting 'Hillian' inside at bedtime. In fact, they're outside now. Been out since 8am (12 hours worth of free sunlounging). Lillian is the main purp. She just won't play ball. You say "bedtime" and she just sits there. And so it begins. I have to shepherd her down the garden and she gets to within a foot of the kitchen door and then she'll sell me a swift dummy - a little shimmy and sends me the wrong way before galloping up the top of the garden again. Repeat several times before finally she submits to defeat and slips in the door to tuck into her supper. And then it's Henry's turn to do the same. And he's been watching from the top of the garden so he knows what's coming. But you know what - I wouldn't swap it for the world. I really wouldn't. It is their right to be outside and enjoying the freedom they so rightly deserve. Lillian is so relaxed in the garden. She feels so contented and although she doesn't trust hoomans at all, my relationship with her is one where I have to allow her to be herself.
Wonderful thread this, Loobers. Love it.

I just remembered another one.

I've mentioned on here before that my pair are fussy about which supermarkets I get their fresh herbs from. Well one night I gave them some Tesco basil and coriander. They took one look and then turned their noses up. I knew it wasn't stasis as they carried on begging for food.

So I went out, got on a bus and went to Sainsbury's to get some herbs from there. When I got back home I found that they'd scoffed all the Tesco herbs I'd originally put down. [emoji51]

I just remembered another one.

I've mentioned on here before that my pair are fussy about which supermarkets I get their fresh herbs from. Well one night I gave them some Tesco basil and coriander. They took one look and then turned their noses up. I knew it wasn't stasis as they carried on begging for food.

So I went out, got on a bus and went to Sainsbury's to get some herbs from there. When I got back home I found that they'd scoffed all the Tesco herbs I'd originally put down. [emoji51]

Hooo hooo - that's a cheap shot from your buns. :lol:

Freshly hoovered and swept room. Newly produced bum nuggets on floor. Tred on said bum nuggets. Stuck to foot. Bum nuggets crumbles. Bum nuggets crumbles all round the house. Hoover whole house. Repeat.

Last edited:
Overheard by neighbour "don't worry Boo Boo banana poo, daddy's comng to get you"
Hahaha banana poo. Thumbs up pidge

Off topic - over heard by neighbour - singing adapted version of kate bush to their ginger tom cat "Bapusshka, Bapusshka, Bapusshka miow miowww"

Toby is splooting with the air con and two fans. I'm melting away

Breakfast is late today - guarding the door for first indications of hooman nom servants
a8c528208f3c4ba8179fbbdb1690c942.jpg

Breakfast is late today - guarding the door for first indications of hooman nom servants
a8c528208f3c4ba8179fbbdb1690c942.jpg

Oh - you just crack me up Loobers. He is definately world sploof champion. And how dare breakfast is late. :lol:

:lol: Toby is splooferously fantastic. Mine eat each others fur for breakfast if I'm late.

I would like to bring an embarassing confession to bunny therapy group although its not about mine. I ended up at the wonderful home of someone who has 15 bunnies this week & loved being introduced to them all. "Does this little cutie pie have some hind leg weakness?" I ask. "She only has one hind leg" comes the reply :oops: OH hissing in my ear that I'd just been given that information:lol:

Back