View Full Version : bunnies on bonfire night

smokeys owner
08-11-2004, 03:47 PM
how were you're rabbits? I found out at my local petstore 5 bunnies got killed, my rabbit was alright fortunately but my friends emma's little bunny cole got killed :( he was only 3 months old, she's been in hysterics ever since. damn you fireworks :evil:.

taylor v 109
08-11-2004, 03:57 PM
Sorry to hear that my rabbits took no notice at all thank god. val

08-11-2004, 04:01 PM
Thats really bad news.....

Mine were fine, we had some huge fireworks going off that sounded more like bombs so I kept going out to check on the boys but they were both fine and more interested in their food luckily........

08-11-2004, 04:15 PM
Mine seemed to be fine. Took it in their stride.

But that is awful news. Sorry to hear that

08-11-2004, 04:34 PM
Thats awful, I hate fireworks, luckly my buns are inside and didn't get bothered at all by the fireworks, I swear they are getting louder tho....

08-11-2004, 05:32 PM
Dubbs was ok with them, has been every year, although i did bring him in when the really big noisy ones went off.

sorry to hear about your friend's bunny :-(

08-11-2004, 08:19 PM
My buns were inside and didn't take any notice of the fireworks luckily, though the cat was quivering under the bed!!!

09-11-2004, 05:33 PM
i know, i hate this time of year! I weaned my guys onto a radio a couple of weeks before bonfire night, and play it loudly in the rabbit shed.
Last year was particuarly bad, i lost a 1 week old litter, and a 4 month old buck. It was awful.
This year the rabbits havnt bothered at all, didnt notice, and were happily listening to heart FM lol.
HTH xx

10-11-2004, 01:06 PM
Sorry to hear about the bunnies, I hope your friend is ok.

Mine seemed to be ok, they did at one point hide in their bedrooms, but this was at a time when the fireworks were going off and the neightbours dogs were barking at them.

I keep them inside so they were checked on regularly by me and my partner Nick.

Got slightly spoilt though to get them through it all, so are now on diets!