PDA

View Full Version : bunnies on bonfire night

smokeys owner
08-11-2004, 03:47 PM
how were you're rabbits? I found out at my local petstore 5 bunnies got killed, my rabbit was alright fortunately but my friends emma's little bunny cole got killed :( he was only 3 months old, she's been in hysterics ever since. damn you fireworks :evil:.

taylor v 109
08-11-2004, 03:57 PM
Sorry to hear that my rabbits took no notice at all thank god. val

Alice
08-11-2004, 04:01 PM
Thats really bad news.....

Mine were fine, we had some huge fireworks going off that sounded more like bombs so I kept going out to check on the boys but they were both fine and more interested in their food luckily........

WonderBunn
08-11-2004, 04:15 PM
Mine seemed to be fine. Took it in their stride.

But that is awful news. Sorry to hear that

Jolene
08-11-2004, 04:34 PM
Thats awful, I hate fireworks, luckly my buns are inside and didn't get bothered at all by the fireworks, I swear they are getting louder tho....

lindac
08-11-2004, 05:32 PM
Dubbs was ok with them, has been every year, although i did bring him in when the really big noisy ones went off.

sorry to hear about your friend's bunny :-(

touie
08-11-2004, 08:19 PM
My buns were inside and didn't take any notice of the fireworks luckily, though the cat was quivering under the bed!!!

Checkley_Stud
09-11-2004, 05:33 PM
Hiya
i know, i hate this time of year! I weaned my guys onto a radio a couple of weeks before bonfire night, and play it loudly in the rabbit shed.
Last year was particuarly bad, i lost a 1 week old litter, and a 4 month old buck. It was awful.
This year the rabbits havnt bothered at all, didnt notice, and were happily listening to heart FM lol.
HTH xx

bristolmary
10-11-2004, 01:06 PM
Sorry to hear about the bunnies, I hope your friend is ok.

Mine seemed to be ok, they did at one point hide in their bedrooms, but this was at a time when the fireworks were going off and the neightbours dogs were barking at them.

I keep them inside so they were checked on regularly by me and my partner Nick.

Got slightly spoilt though to get them through it all, so are now on diets!

Mary