• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What plants are safe?

maryflynn

Warren Scout
Ive had a look at the printed list of safe plants but cant find whether this is safe.. my bun just nibbles everything n has taken a particular liking to our coconut plant ( the leaves only) if ur not sure what i mean dont worry its just a ikea plant with a few sprouts of leaves, not an actual tree lol! I dont want her eating it anyway as it ruins it but she has a habit of being naughty.. :evil: :evil: it is harmless?

Hmmmmmmmm I'm afraid I don't know either way, but it is known that most houseplants are not good for rabbits, or cats or dogs or any other animal come to that. Some houseplants have an immediate effect others will harm over a period of time. I'd keep it out of her way!

yeah i may hav 2just move it full stop, the thing is tho if its not that she will eat something else... i mean ANYTHING, from paper to carpet to even the little tinker goes in my bag pulls out my hair brush n will eat the hair from it if i dont catch her first.. i swear she thinks its funny!

Ah! you need eyes in the back of your head for that one then! :lol: :lol: Have you got lots of rabbity things lying around for her to chew on to distract her?

Well.. this is the bone of contention between mitsy and my fella... he MADE her a wooden platform with a pole screwed into the middle and, lol, rubbed it with cabbage which she loves n her mineral stone too, to make it enticing for her to chew on... and yes, she hasnt touched it lol. :roll: :roll:
She also has her stone, general chunks of cardboard that i give her n rabbit toys. she is spoilt rotten but still prefers the wall paper n my plants lol, she wee'd on our sette tonight n stuart went mad, she is on a warning bless, he says. :shock:

:lol: She'll soon be 'his little princess' once she settles down.

How long have you had her? She's still a baby isn't she?

Maybe if you restricted her more to a smaller area til she gets the hang of the litter tray trick, she'll be more inclined to go back to it when she needs a wee. If she's been allowed a massive area to run about in right from the start, she may think that all that area is her own territory and is marking it accordingly. Next time she wees where she's not supposed to, try giving her 'time-out' in her cage, but you have to catch her during or immediately after the act!

Does she have any cardboard boxes to hide in and dig in?

Back