• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dubbs

lindac

Warren Scout
My brave little soldier Dubbs has gone to Rainbow Bridge.

He tried his hardest to eat this morning but his little heart wasn't into it. I spent the morning cuddling him and giving him nose rubs and kisses before we went to the vet for the final time. My vet was great and allowed us plenty of time with him both before and after he was PTS. My vet also got upset as he held alot of affection for my boy.

Dubbs passed away at 1.15 and already the hole in my life feels huge. I will miss caring for him and making him his twice daily salads, I will miss him running around the front room chasing my cats, ripping up newspapers and trying to chew everything. I will miss everything about him...

I spent the afternoon with my partner looking at old photo's of him and generally being quiet and reminiscing...at one point I thought I could smell him, maybe he popped back briefly to see how i was doing...

Looking at his empty hutch is heartbreaking, especially as there is an indentation in the straw from where he used lay down. I should get his ashes in about a week, I am going to do the balcony up, make a little garden out there and place his ashes on a shelf outside on the balcony, it was always his space and always will be his space. I may at some point scatter his ashes on Hampstead Heath so he can play with the bunnies up there, for now though I want him close to me.

I wont miss loving him as I will *never* stop loving him and will always love him forever, even though he isn't here in the material form now, he still has my heart and will be ever present in my mind.

Thanks again everyone for your kind words and support, it really has helped. Please give my boy a little thought tonight...and cherish every moment you have with your own adored and lovely pets. They are so so precious.

Dubbs...I'll never forget you, I was the luckiest girl alive to have found you. Sleep tight my precious baby, see you again one day...
xxx

Oh linda,my thoughts are with you,its so heart breaking when we loose are babies isnt it,i still miss my little william and i will never forget him,as you will never forget dubbs,try to think of the good times you spent together.
binky free dubbs

Awww Linda, I know how you feel. I'm soooo sorry. It's wonderful too that you had time to be together and say goodbye to him.

I know it's hard but be happy for him, he'll be binkying about free from pain and playing with all the other buns. You'll see him again and until then he'll always be in your heart.

You and he are in my thoughts tonight.

*big hug*

~ Binky free wee man, take our love to the spirit buns ~

oh Linda :cry: :cry: :cry: we are so, so sorry to hear your news about Dubbs.

I know exactly what you mean about bunnies leaving a great big hole in your life when they pass on....Dubbs was so lucky to have found his way to a home with you, and I am sure he is grateful for all your love, and wonderful care you bestowed upon him.

We are thinking of you at this very sad time, and send you love and hugs
Adele and all the bunnies

We at Ebony-Eyes are so very, very sorry :cry: Dubbs was indeed a brave soldier and he was your little boy - he will always be with you - love like that is eternal.
Run free in the eternal sunshine little man - time has no meaning at the Rainbow Bridge and before you can blink an eye your mummy will be with you again.
The hardest thing Linda is for those left behind - he will not be in pain and he will be playing so happily - when he hears you he will come running no matter how many years pass on this earth.
Big hugs to you - you are in our thoughts.

Ive been reading all the posts on dubb's progress n was rooting for him as I think we all were, I really feel for you lindac as I do kno how it feels. I lost my childhood pet, annie, (who was an german sheppard) last yr n it was a big a lost as if it were a sister! iI still hurt whenever I think of her n find comfort in my new little rabbit, mitsy. I dont really kno what helps or if time does heal but at least we know we did our best and altho *some* consider them just animals we kno we loved them more than anything.

oh dear immso sorry to hear about it. its alway much much more harder to loose one that u have nursed till the very end even thought u know that u know that there not going to be much longer, u alway think they will pull through. i rember when my first died it was so upset but the worst thing was i was holiday and when i got bk evey time i look at her sis i would hold her and break into tears but i sometimes i thought it would be a dream and still think she is here
hope u feel better soon, i bet dubbs it up in bunny heaven now chasing all the girls and have a knees up with the lads
becky

That was a beautiful speech, and I am sure Dubbs is in a great place now. He will look down on you and feel proud. I will give my Toby a huge hug tonight. I am sure you know that time just becomes more precious owning an older bunny. I even cry today about Toby dieing and he isn’t even dead yet. Nothing else matters now, apart from the fun times you and Dubbs sheared. Sweet Dreams Dubbs and RIP.

My heart goes out to you Linda, Dubbs was a very special brave little boy.

Our beloved furry friends are 'Always in our thoughts, forever in our heart' and cherished memories remain with us until we meet again

Night night Dubbs. :cry:

You can play with William, Duchess and Heidi.

I am so sorry Lindac. I was checking in everyday on Dubbs and I am gutted that he had to leave you. You were a great mum for him. 9and a half years old. What a testament to your care and attention!
Many bunny owners can learn something from you.

thanks everyone...*hugs*

am at work today and i am now at my desk welling up but also taking great comfort in your messages.

i stayed with my partner last night, i couldn't stay at my own house last night as i didn't want to wake up and miss making Dubbs his salad, i also didn't want to see his empty hutch first thing this morning. i'll be alright tonight though, i just wasn't sure i could cope on my own this morning. wish i could take the day off work but as i skipped work on friday to care for Dubbs i think i would have been pushing it...

i lit some candles for Dubbs last night and placed a picture of him between the candles so i could say goodnight to him one last time. i feel a bit more at peace today but still very sad and shaky. he was so so special.

thanks again for those lovely messages..i wasn't sure if 9 and half was a good age for a rabbit or not as he was my first Bunny, my vet seemed to think so. guess i'm very lucky to have enjoyed such a long time with Dubbs.
xxx

Linda, I've just caught up with this news - so sorry - thinking of you.

As Jay says, it's hardest for those that are left behind. They say time makes it easier and I do think this is true - you'll never forget him or how special he was, but soon you will be able to think of him and smile at the time you spent and the happiness you had together. You did the very best for your boy.

So sorry for your loss, my thoughts are with you.
9 1/2 years is a very good age for a bunny, you have been a wonderful bunny mum to Dubbs.

Linda

I'm so sorry to hear the sad news about Dubbs, I was really hoping he would have a bit longer. You have been a brill bunny mum for him, 9 and a half years is a brilliant age for a rabbit.

Your post made me cry, it was very sad but very fitting to Dubbs. I know I have to face this at some point, be it a few months or a year away abd I am absolutely dreading it.

Sleep tight little man, and may you run free at Rainbow Bridge.

Take care Linda, remember those precious times you had with Dubbs and may they bring a smile to your face when you remember all the wonderful times you had together.

Nicola xx

Back