• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Introducing Enfys

tlcwrites

Mama Doe
If you've been following my latest bonding thread, you may well already know this but it's time for proper introductions...

I got the best "birthday present" (not actually a birthday present, we just adopted her the day before) this year. A Blueberry Muffin... now renamed Enfys (pronounced En-viss).

We had decided to adopt another Honeybunny as our indoor group had become unsettled since losing our beloved Arce. OH wanted a lop in particular, so we considered the lop does that were available at that time.

Enfys has been at Honeybunnies for over a year, struggling to find the right home. She's a very muddled girl, prone to rearing and definitely has issues with fear aggression. In part, one of the main reasons we adopted her because of that - we were fully aware and fully warned about this by Jill. But we are honoured by the fact we have been entrusted to look after this very special little rabbit.

Enfys is an opal otter mini lop, an absolute dot, cute as a Button (her new nickname, already!), and looks like butter wouldn't melt in her mouth. She has adjusted to group life was surprisingly good grace. She is easily startled by the other rabbits, especially the other fear aggressive rabbit in it, Morningstar. This sometimes starts a few mad dashes around the bonding crate for all of them. However, she has settled pretty well with the rest of them and Yuki Winter in particular is especially fond of her (that boy has a lop-eared doe fetish!)

We are actually pretty surprised with some of her behaviours. She is endlessly curious, always periscoping and watching what is going on around her. Enfys is also a very proud little girl, absolutely fastidious with her grooming. Considering she used to grunt and lunge is other bunnies got near her at Honeybunnies, it's even more incredible to know that she has been giving and receiving grooms happily and enthusiastically. She has also even graced us with her very first dead bunny flop!

Enfys is a Welsh name, and it translates to the word "Rainbow" for those who don't know. Like Niji (Japanese for Rainbow) she was named in honour of Iris and Arce (the greek goddesses of the rainbows.)

I've finally been able to spend some time on a proper little photoshoot of this wee little lady. We hope she'll settle in time as part of the Wayward family and that her issues will resolve over time, so she can enjoy being a rabbit and life in general.

aU5gqnr.jpg

ymZtp2s.jpg

Sittrv1.jpg

4DPD4nG.jpg

8mGE4GB.jpg

9Jzdd3l.jpg

8d5Ga6q.jpg

She's beautiful ❤️❤️❤️ I especially love that flop in the last picture [emoji3]

It sounds like she's come a long way already. Sending millions of vibes that the bond continues to go well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aww bless her. What a lovely photo shoot. She is so pretty. Wonderful that the bonding is going so well.

WOW. I mean.....WOW. Enfys is certainly a rabbit living true to her name - she is just stunning. I hope she settles in and it looks like she is. She is just adorable. :love::love:

Thank you all. Becoming a house rabbit is challenging little Button a bit, but I think she's finding her feet. I'm so glad we've given her a chance.

Only problem is continually reminding OH that Enfys is NOT his beloved Arce.

Welcome to the madhouse :D

Anyone would think you've been here. :lol:

I'd like to add that I was so happy that Blueberry Muffin as Enfys was known here, found the perfect home for her. As Tracie has said she, and her sister, Butternut, have been with us some time and , due to them being so pretty, we've had dozens of offers of homes but all to people who thought they would make great family pets and who wouldn't take our advice on board.
I know Tracie, ( she already has quite a few Honeybunnies) would not only listen to what we said but has the experience to let the bunny just be a rabbit. I was quite emotional seeing the photos and seeing how a group enviroment seems to be just what she needed.
This also goes to show that rescues should never give up on an animal :D Now anyone else for her sister Butternut!!!! ??

Last edited:
I'd like to add that I was so happy that Blueberry Muffin as Enfys was known here, found the perfect home for her. As tracie has said she, and her sister, Butternut, have been with us some time and , due to them being so pretty, we've had dozens of offers of homes but all to people who thought they would make great family pets and who wouldn't take our advice on boards.
I know Tracie, ( she already has quite a few Honeybunnies) would not only listen to what we said but has the experience to let the bunny just be a rabbit. I was quite emotioanl seeing the photos and seeing how a group enviroment seems to be just what she needed.
This also goes to show that rescues should never give up on an animal :D Now anyone else for her sister Butternut!!!! ??

:love:

Underneath all the fear and anxiety, there is a really sweet bunny. (She will occasionally lower her head during noserubs now, but don't think about touching her ears!) The fear and anxiety are just part of her and for us, that's okay.

She is exactly what Yuki Winter needed in his grief, and he's stopped charging at Niji Taco now. Just the girls having a few teething problems, but they are getting there.

I hope Butternut can be found the appropriate home for her soon.

What a little cutie! Adorable little face :love: So lovely to see her happy and settled :love: Love her name too! x

Back