• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pooing everywhere

Alicia

Mama Doe
Angus was litter trained and always used it and now he always uses it for wees and most of his poos but he also poos all over his bed and the sofa which he’s never done before. Why has he started doing this and how do I teach him to be more civilised?

I can’t remember, is he neutered? That might help matters, if it’s territorial marking. Have there been any changes recently, new pets, new territory, new furniture, new cleaning products, visitors? I can only suggest keeping cleaning it up and putting it in the litter tray, maybe more or bigger trays might help. Sometimes the only answer is putting a tray where the worst of it is:roll:

Mine did that. Once they believed the house was theirs, not mine, there was no stopping them. :lol:

He keeps weeing on the sofa, he’s weed on my leg and also up my boyfriends back. I don’t know what to do, he was perfectly litter trained, I don’t mind the odd poo in places where he shouldn’t but it’s a lot harder to clean up wee on fabric. He drinks a lot too, a lot in one go. As far as I know nothing’s changed here. He’s neutered

All my rabbits like to wee on fabric. Have to keep them away from anything soft.

I’ve taken away anything soft but I don’t understand how this has come out of nowhere? I’m beginning to wonder if he could have a UTI or something

UTI could be possible.
Any changes to the house, routines, new furniture or new decorated rooms etc can cause stress, even a new smell or building work close by can cause upset which could lead to more territorial marking.

A vet check to rule out anything medical would be ideal, then you can focus on retraining.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Back