• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Oldest Rabbit

rineyroo

Mama Doe
My boy Bandit is 12 tomorrow which is amazing considering how poorly he was in March. It got me thinking about old rabbits, what is the oldest rabbit you have or have had?

I've had a few reach 10+. Dusty is gone 10 and still acts like a spring chicken, without the feathers. 12 is wonderful.

The oldest rabbit we had in our family was 13, he died when I was 9. He fractured his leg binkying in the garden, and he died under the anaesthetic whilst trying to pin it :cry: anaesthetics have come a long way since then I reckon.

My oldest only got to an estimated 8. Not old enough! I've commented in the past that I wish they had a secret expiry date on them somewhere as it varies so much. For no other reason than to prepare myself for when they go.

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

My oldest only got to an estimated 8. Not old enough! I've commented in the past that I wish they had a secret expiry date on them somewhere as it varies so much. For no other reason than to prepare myself for when they go.

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

Agree. This would help a lot as it's so devastating when they leave :(

My bridge bunny Patch. She was 9 years 3 months when we lost her. The surviving runt of a surprise litter when my friend gave us a pair of mis sexed bunnies :shock: she had a blockage every other month, cloudy eyes so I don't know how much she could actually see, and pretty much the only treatment they had back then was Baytril, for everything! Out of all my bunnies she probably had the odds stacked against her to live so long. She was a real sweetie :love:

My current two will be 8 in August. Both with health problems, Cookie is currently on meds again. I always feel like I am on borrowed time with them :(

I don't think I'd like to know my bunnies expiry date. I am happy with my belief that they will live forever. I'm very grateful for every day I have them, never take them for granted & would hate to waste time on worrying about what would happen.

Anyway, here's to Bandit, Many Hoppy returns to Bandit. 12 years is cool, more than my bunnies have managed, wishing him many more

Ten for my harlie lion, ten for a silver fox, eight for another and my current lion Stakki is seven.

Charlie the Agouti Nethie was a month off 11 when he died in 1998 :) I was 14 and we'd grown up together :) Many fond memories!

Back