• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help asap

pheobe/ozzy

Young Bun
Hi,
Pheobe is having some health issues. She is pregnant for may b 10 days now n she is bleeding from her rear area. I don't know know whether it's blood in urine or her vagina. I did checked her n saw little blood nearby. So I'm scared n confused. I called the vet he is not available for 2 days n another vet is too far from our home. There is nothing in her diet which will give her red colour urine. May be Ozzy bit her I don't know nothing is clearly. There was dried blood on her legs though.

Sent from my CPH1701 using Tapatalk

It does sound like she needs urgent veterinary attention, I'm not sure what you should do if that's simply not possible (your in India aren't you?)

I'll pop a link in Health for you to flag this up with our more health knowledgeable members.

Did you mean for her to get pregnant? I remember your introduction and you mentioning how the two of them were getting along. They really ought to have been neutered before hand.

I hope it's nothing serious. Thinking of you x

Last edited:
It does sound like she needs urgent veterinary attention, I'm not sure what you should do if that's simply not possible (your in India aren't you?)

I'll pop a link in health you to flag this up with our more health knowledgeable members.

Did you mean for her to get pregnant? I remember your introduction and you mentioning how the two of them were getting along. They really ought to have been neutered.

I hope it's nothing serious. Thinking of you x
We rescued Ozzy our male rabbit n there is no vet ready to neuter him so we thought let her get pregnant we have some friends who r ready to adopt the kits. But now it seems we were wrong in doing that I'm really scared n she is still bleeding but eating n walking around. Maybe he bit her. I don't know we won't be able to get her to the vet till Friday. Please forward me any threads you know regarding this problem. Yes I'm in India n can't find any good vet.

Do you want me to send some pics of her. I'm sure I'm over reacting.

I hope that's the case and she will be ok.

I really have no idea though unfortunately, I'm so sorry, hopefully someone might be along soon who does.. x

Do you want me to send some pics of her. I'm sure I'm over reacting.

Yes let's see some pics x

Has she had any dandelions? Or forage of any kind? :) sometimes even tho it's not red or orange it can make the urine that colour. But what you're describing does sound a little different.

If she is bleeding she needs to see a vet urgently unfortunately x

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

We can see dried blood on her legs too. No she just had carrots n hay.
1ba23e312ca80fe9031b9426ca24e776.jpg

We can see dried blood on her legs too. No she just had carrots n hay.
1ba23e312ca80fe9031b9426ca24e776.jpg

How much carrot? Only a tiny amount should be given occasionally as it's very high in sugar x

She has had loose motions for last 2 days. Usually we give her lots of hay nbthey stop immediately.

Shay has had lots of carrots may be 2/3 in past 2 days. Is that what caused this.

Okay that's far too much, and could upset her tummy too - stop with the carrots :) could also have stained herself with very orange urine. I can't see any blood on her honestly, but I could be missing something.

If I was you I'd give her loads of hay constantly and no carrots for a few days and see if it improves. If there's actually blood though she needs to see a vet ASAP imo x

OK will try that, n we did saw some blood not too much so not an abortion. Let's hope it's stains. I will get her to the vet anyways on Friday. Thanks for advice. You guys r really helpful. At least talking about this brings down my anxiety a bit. So glad I joined this forum. Hay n nothing else.

OK will try that, n we did saw some blood not too much so not an abortion. Let's hope it's stains. I will get her to the vet anyways on Friday. Thanks for advice. You guys r really helpful. At least talking about this brings down my anxiety a bit. So glad I joined this forum. Hay n nothing else.

Yea hopefully it's just that :)

That's okay, does she get a small amount of pellets aswell? :) they'd be okay to give too x

Pellets use to make her urine too white so we stopped but now will give her that too.

Oh what pellets do you feed? :) and they made her urine white in colour? :S

Agree with Graciee, what they eat can definitely produce some strange colour urine. There's an article here which talks about it

https://rabbit.org/journal/3-1/red-urine.html

I don't immediately think blood from the photo, was there any on the floor? Hopefully she is fine, but once you are able to it would be worth getting her checked over x

From Jimmy pet products Dora diets... As I said not many options available. Sorry I'm a bit anxious not able to type properly. [emoji28][emoji52]

Back