• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sentencing of Sara Ross U/D 28 June #14

MightyMax

Banned
Animal Rescue and Care (ARC) in Twickenham is very close to my heart. I have supported, volunteered, raised money, fostered and adopted their rabbits :)

I was appalled to hear of the 44 rabbits (mainly Californian and New Zealands) that they rescued but pleased that they were able to step in.

Even more shocking was reading this about the woman who was keeping the rabbits and other animals in these appalling conditions :(

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/20...ile-animal-welfare-act-admits-string-cruelty/

Last edited:
I should act surprised - but in reality I'm not. Am I disgusted - yes, beyond words that the moderator wouldn't tollerate. When we all try so very hard to make a difference, when we all put so much in to give these little animals a better life, it all gets unpicked by the actions of a few. It just makes me cold right to the heart.:cry:

I should act surprised - but in reality I'm not. Am I disgusted - yes, beyond words that the moderator wouldn't tollerate. When we all try so very hard to make a difference, when we all put so much in to give these little animals a better life, it all gets unpicked by the actions of a few. It just makes me cold right to the heart.:cry:

I know, absolutely disgusting :(

And to think she helped compile the Animal Cruelty Act.

Animal Rescue and Care (ARC) in Twickenham is very close to my heart. I have supported, volunteered, raised money, fostered and adopted their rabbits :)

I was appalled to hear of the 44 rabbits (mainly Californian and New Zealands) that they rescued but pleased that they were able to step in.

Even more shocking was reading this about the woman who was keeping the rabbits and other animals in these appalling conditions :(

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/20...ile-animal-welfare-act-admits-string-cruelty/

Some people are just beyond belief :cry: However, I don’t understand what connection ARC and the case of the 44 rabbits being rescued have to do with the news story :?

I also tried to establish a link between this woman and the "meat rabbits" taken in by ARC :? I'm obviously interested as I have adopted Tui, who was one of them.

Were the "meat rabbits" also previously under this woman's care or what is the link?

Seriously heartbreaking...
How can someone be so cruel n inhuman to a fellow living thing. But I am not surprised just took a trip last week to a pet market here in India n the conditions in which all these animals ( turkey, ducks, goose, rabbits, dogs, Persian cats, love birds, parrots n many exotic birds) were kept was disgusting n sad. My daughter started crying n wanted to rescue or buy them all. But sadly, Nothing can be done for them. These people should be punished.

Sent from my CPH1701 using Tapatalk

Some people are just beyond belief :cry: However, I don’t understand what connection ARC and the case of the 44 rabbits being rescued have to do with the news story :?

Sorry, I didn't make it very clear, did I?

This is a quote from their Twitter account:

Did you wonder where our 44 Californian rabbits came from? That rescue stretched us all - emotionally, physically and financially. Here's the background on Sara Ross who's pleaded guilty to animal cruelty.

ARC rescued 44 of the rabbits, including 4 mums and 27 babies in total.

Apparently Hounslow Animal Rescue and Blue Cross also took some of the neglected animals.

Seriously heartbreaking...
How can someone be so cruel n inhuman to a fellow living thing. But I am not surprised just took a trip last week to a pet market here in India n the conditions in which all these animals ( turkey, ducks, goose, rabbits, dogs, Persian cats, love birds, parrots n many exotic birds) were kept was disgusting n sad. My daughter started crying n wanted to rescue or buy them all. But sadly, Nothing can be done for them. These people should be punished.

Sent from my CPH1701 using Tapatalk

It's so sad and heartbreaking.
If only we could rescue them all. I think this all the time :(

I also tried to establish a link between this woman and the "meat rabbits" taken in by ARC :? I'm obviously interested as I have adopted Tui, who was one of them.

Were the "meat rabbits" also previously under this woman's care or what is the link?

The rabbits rescued by ARC were cross-breed New Zealand Whites/ Himalayan/ Californians. ARC said a while ago that the case was going to court in June, so I guess they couldn't say more than that at the time.

They were originally being bred for meat and then ended up at a sanctuary but were being kept in poor conditions. Apparently the breeding had got out of control at the 'sanctuary'.

I hope this clarifies the situation :)

The rabbits rescued by ARC were cross-breed New Zealand Whites/ Himalayan/ Californians. ARC said a while ago that the case was going to court in June, so I guess they couldn't say more than that at the time.

They were originally being bred for meat and then ended up at a sanctuary but were being kept in poor conditions. Apparently the breeding had got out of control at the 'sanctuary'.

I hope this clarifies the situation :)

Thanks :) Yes, I knew the history. It was just the connection of the woman in the article that I couldn't work out.

And with 27 babies, the situation would have in a few months become significantly worse, when those babies reached maturity, if they hadn't been rescued by ARC. Our Tui would probably have had a litter of her own by now :(

Thanks :) Yes, I knew the history. It was just the connection of the woman in the article that I couldn't work out.

And with 27 babies, the situation would have in a few months become significantly worse, when those babies reached maturity, if they hadn't been rescued by ARC. Our Tui would probably have had a litter of her own by now :(

Welcome :)

I know, ARC have prevented an unknown quantity of babies being born, and finding homes for such large rabbits isn't always easy, despite their beautiful gentle personalities.

So lovely that Tui is in a loving home with a wonderful husbun and all her needs catered for :love:

She has been disqualified from keeping animals for five years and a deprivation order was issued preventing her dogs being returned to her.

She was also ordered to do 135 hours unpaid work and pay £750 costs.

Back