• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hello from Green Fields Rescue

Hi all,

I'm Lorna and myself and my husband Jamie run Green Fields Rabbit and Guinea Pig rescue in Bracknell, Berkshire.

I'm pleased Tamzin and Adele have set this forum up and I really do hope it will help more rabbity people see eye to eye on rabbit care.

As a rescuer, often picking up the pieces left behind irresponsible owners and indescriminate breeders, I personally am hoping I will meet some people on here who can offer me some alternative view points about breeding. I am going to need some pretty serious convincing that any kind of breeding is a good idea on any level....but I am prepared to listen because I think you have to have as many view points as possible. If I still feel the same way when I have heard all the evidence then I will happily agree to differ...but one thing is for sure....rabbits WILL benefit from this kind of calm and quiet dialogue between those who care for them. Well done Tamzin and Adele, and hello everyone! :D

Hiya Lorna - welcome :wave:

Looking forward to hearing more about yourself and your rescue buns :)

Hi Lorna & hubby :wave:

Great web site, Shoes and Sox's start to life was very sad :( I know there are many sad stories like theirs, but this story really touched me. Glad they have found a new home

Hiya Lorna,

Glad to have you join us :D

Tam
P.s. Everybody.... there are cute bunny pictures if you look on Lorna's website ;)

Hi Lorna.
Lovely website, nice (but sad) to read the stories of the rabbits at your rescue centre.. hope they find themselves good homes soon. You are doing a great job, along with the other rescue people on here.
Chris

Hi Lorna,

You and your cute bunnies sound dangerously close to me..... I must resist even the quickest of peeks....

Its an absolute delight to see you here in RU Lorna, and bless you for your positive comments re the Forum.

We look forward to hearing lots more from you, in between all your rabbiting tasks.

Best wishes
Adele and all the Sanctuary rabbits :D

Hello! What a great website!

Shoes & Sox made my eyes well up. Imagine how scared they must have been living with that awful owner and taking their babies away to be eaten :cry: I am so glad they have a great home now and you rescued them :)

Back