• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Feverfew

I have only just identified this in my garden :oops:

Can it be fed to rabbits?

Will it cure a headache? :)

We have loads of this. If you let it flower and seed, you'll also have loads next year :)

I've never fed it and have found it on more than one site as unsafe. I think it has a horrid smell and don't think I would want to eat it.

No idea whether it will cure a headache. I think some people think it will.

Love it! 'Oh Happy One'! I'm going to try to live up to that. :lol:

Rudyard Kipling, The Elephant's Child. I used to read it to Year 7, to the horror of my colleagues. I don't think I have a copy at home, but it might be online... oh, they were 'fever trees'... "all set about with fever-trees"...

Vachellia xanthophloea - the typical big African tree with very spread out branches. Entirely different from herb feverfew for migraine! Never let me treat you with herbal remedies. One of my great-grandmas was a wise-woman, but I don't seem to have inherited the necessary skills!

Last edited:
Love it! 'Oh Happy One'! I'm going to try to live up to that. :lol:

Rudyard Kipling, The Elephant's Child. I used to read it to Year 7, to the horror of my colleagues. I don't think I have a copy at home, but it might be online... oh, they were 'fever trees'... "all set about with fever-trees"...

Vachellia xanthophloea - the typical big African tree with very spread out branches. Entirely different from herb feverfew for migraine! Never let me treat you with herbal remedies. One of my great-grandmas was a wise-woman, but I don't seem to have inherited the necessary skills!

:D:wave:

Yes it's here:

http://www.boop.org/jan/justso/elephant.htm

I found it but haven't read it all yet :)

Oh, and you never know, there may well come a time when I will beg to be treated by you with herbal remedies ;) :lol:

Back