• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Ludo has relapsed U/D A miracle!

Hesperus

Warren Veteran
Poor thing. He was almost back to normal last night. Running around begging for food.

We woke up this morning and he's sluggish and refusing to eat. He's had all the meds he needs at the vet this morning and we're syringe feeding but he's showing no signs of improvement at all. To be honest I think this might be the end. 😭

Last edited:
Poor thing. He was almost back to normal last night. Running around begging for food.

We woke up this morning and he's sluggish and refusing to eat. He's had all the meds he needs at the vet this morning and we're syringe feeding but he's showing no signs of improvement at all. To be honest I think this might be the end. ��

Oh poor lad :cry: Has he had any poo output ? What comes out is as important as what is going in. Is he drinking and is his urine output normal ?

What is his general demeanor like ? Is he just sitting hunched up or is he still hopping about ? If he feels unusually cold to touch I'd provide him with a heat source such as a Snugglesafe.

You could always call the Out-of-Hours Vet for some advice

Sending lots of vibes for your special Bunny xx

We woke up this morning and he's sluggish and refusing to eat. He's had all the meds he needs at the vet this morning and we're syringe feeding but he's showing no signs of improvement at all. To be honest I think this might be the end. 😭

Oh no!

I am so sorry to hear this :(

I think you ought to call the vets and perhaps get him onto some fluids.

They can also check his temperature and blood glucose level. It doesn't seem fair for him to leave now.

Sending hugs and vibes x

He's been to the vet (luckily mine are open Sunday.)

To be honest I think he's dying. He looks so poorly, he's had all the painkillers, antacids, gut stimulants he can and then more at home, he's had critical care, but nothing is working. I think we're possibly prolonging the agony.
The painkillers will cover him until morning but I think at 8am (when our lovely normal vet opens) it might be the end, if he makes it that far. He doesn't look like he's in pain, just like he's dosing off into nothingness.

Oh no :cry: I’m so sorry. I really hope that he can recover. Sending lots of vibes and hugs xx

To be honest I think he's dying. He looks so poorly, he's had all the painkillers, antacids, gut stimulants he can and then more at home, he's had critical care, but nothing is working. I think we're possibly prolonging the agony.
The painkillers will cover him until morning but I think at 8am (when our lovely normal vet opens) it might be the end, if he makes it that far. He doesn't look like he's in pain, just like he's dosing off into nothingness.

Poor lad and poor you :(

It really sounds like there's nothing more you can do :(

Once they give up their fighting spirit it's so difficult x

I am sorry to hear this and I hope that he can remain as comfortable as possible xx

Sorry to hear about poor Ludo, what pain killer was Ludo goven other than metacam? Vetergesic can make buns very sleepy also so incase you think he is giving up he may be sleepy from vetergesic or other heavier pain relief. Sending vibes for u both x

Back