• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Found rabbit

anaqi

Warren Scout
Last Thursday morning my 12 year old son phoned me on his way to school to say he had found a rabbit on the path. He tried to catch it but it ran away. I went up there to look but by the time I got there it had gone. My son sent me a photograph and I posted in on the local Facebook groups for the area but no-one came forward to say they'd lost a rabbit.

Yesterday afternoon my son came home from school saying him and his friend had found the rabbit again. He fetched one of my pet carriers and together they caught it and brought it home. It was a beautiful black Netherland dwarf. It was looking a bit worse for wear, it was quite thin and it's bottom was caked in poo. I fed it a little kale and carrot, it was very hungry.

His friend's dad took the rabbit to the vets. It wasn't microchipped. They clipped the fur to remove the poo. They said it was a girl and had probably been a stray for at least a few days. The vet said they couldn't keep it so they took it home. They were going to buy temporary housing from P@H but instead I loaned them my 4ft dog crate. I also gave them some pellets and a carrier bag full of hay and readigrass. The rabbit settled down well in her crate in their dining room, I saw her playing on video chat and she was being cheeky picking up her plastic water bowl and tipping water all over. I posted again on social media to see if anyone had lost a rabbit but I've had no replies.

This afternoon my son went over to his friend's house to see the rabbit. She is doing well but apparently she gave birth to a dead baby early this morning.

I am so proud of my son for rescuing the rabbit, he probably saved her life but it makes me so angry that someone would neglect such a beautiful creature. I think his friend is going to keep her as a pet if no-one comes forward.

Last Thursday morning my 12 year old son phoned me on his way to school to say he had found a rabbit on the path. He tried to catch it but it ran away. I went up there to look but by the time I got there it had gone. My son sent me a photograph and I posted in on the local Facebook groups for the area but no-one came forward to say they'd lost a rabbit.

Yesterday afternoon my son came home from school saying him and his friend had found the rabbit again. He fetched one of my pet carriers and together they caught it and brought it home. It was a beautiful black Netherland dwarf. It was looking a bit worse for wear, it was quite thin and it's bottom was caked in poo. I fed it a little kale and carrot, it was very hungry.

His friend's dad took the rabbit to the vets. It wasn't microchipped. They clipped the fur to remove the poo. They said it was a girl and had probably been a stray for at least a few days. The vet said they couldn't keep it so they took it home. They were going to buy temporary housing from P@H but instead I loaned them my 4ft dog crate. I also gave them some pellets and a carrier bag full of hay and readigrass. The rabbit settled down well in her crate in their dining room, I saw her playing on video chat and she was being cheeky picking up her plastic water bowl and tipping water all over. I posted again on social media to see if anyone had lost a rabbit but I've had no replies.

This afternoon my son went over to his friend's house to see the rabbit. She is doing well but apparently she gave birth to a dead baby early this morning.

I am so proud of my son for rescuing the rabbit, he probably saved her life but it makes me so angry that someone would neglect such a beautiful creature. I think his friend is going to keep her as a pet if no-one comes forward.

I would be too :love: And well done to his friend and family as well.

Poor little doe :( Sending loads of vibes for her.

I’m so glad your son and his friend rescued her :love: it’s good she is safe :thumb:

Sp pleased your son rescued her and that you friens are giving her a safe home. Sending vibes for the little doe and hope she settles there.

Back