• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

White rabbit, white rabbit....

Craig 1965

Warren Veteran
I'm siting here in a caravan on the west coast of Scotland with some lovely scenery round me. Sea on one side, rolling hills the other, 100 yards away is a small hillside with a population of wildies (one small kitt about 12-15 weeks old sits outside the window at night). As lovely as it is watching the wildies jump and play, something in the distance caught my attention. And there, bold as brass, was a pure white rabbit in the field. I'm not sure if it's part of the warren or not but it's definitely not a pet. Question? Has anyone else seen a white wildie? I know nature and dna will cause mutations and there's certainly hunting birds here (one swooped down trying to pick off a bun yesterday but was quickly chased away by a group of crows no less). It's beautiful to see bunnies in their natural environment but very odd seeing a pure white one.

I'm siting here in a caravan on the west coast of Scotland with some lovely scenery round me. Sea on one side, rolling hills the other, 100 yards away is a small hillside with a population of wildies (one small kitt about 12-15 weeks old sits outside the window at night). As lovely as it is watching the wildies jump and play, something in the distance caught my attention. And there, bold as brass, was a pure white rabbit in the field. I'm not sure if it's part of the warren or not but it's definitely not a pet. Question? Has anyone else seen a white wildie? I know nature and dna will cause mutations and there's certainly hunting birds here (one swooped down trying to pick off a bun yesterday but was quickly chased away by a group of crows no less). It's beautiful to see bunnies in their natural environment but very odd seeing a pure white one.

No, not seen a pure white wildie!

I hope you're having a brilliant time :wave:
Is all your cooking and preparation working out well? :)

No, not seen a pure white wildie!

I hope you're having a brilliant time :wave:
Is all your cooking and preparation working out well? :)

The cooking has been very successful. The scenery is great and catching up with 2 great friends is a wonderful way to spend a few days. Other highlights so far is seeing the biggest hare I've ever seen- almost walked right on top of it. And crows river dancing on the caravan roof every morning from 4am. Quite the treat when your trying to sleep!

Sounds amazing. Perhaps an albino rabbit? Or a pet escaped once and this is the result? Never seen a white Wildie either . Have a great time x

The cooking has been very successful. The scenery is great and catching up with 2 great friends is a wonderful way to spend a few days. Other highlights so far is seeing the biggest hare I've ever seen- almost walked right on top of it. And crows river dancing on the caravan roof every morning from 4am. Quite the treat when your trying to sleep!

Craig you do make me laugh with the way you describe things sometimes :lol:

I'm so glad you're having a break. It sounds like just what you needed :)

I'm very jealous -sounds just perfect. A hare ran across my path this morning when I was out running. Always feel blessed when I see one they are such mysterious and hidden creatures. To be honest just clocked the black ear tips before realised. Enjoy your time x

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

Back