• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Toby VS Maple

loobers25

Warren Veteran
Was just having a little breakfast and was going to clean the buns out when I hear a massive crash. Toby aka spidey bloke has jumped over his enclosure (1.2 metres ) and had a lock on fight with Maple. Gave Maple some metacam and both eating at the moment. I'm thinking of putting the pair of them on rabbit rehome and just having my golden boy Dennis.

In all seriousness though what am I going to do long term. Why does Toby have to jump over everything!!!

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Was just having a little breakfast and was going to clean the buns out when I hear a massive crash. Toby aka spidey bloke has jumped over his enclosure (1.2 metres ) and had a lock on fight with Maple. Gave Maple some metacam and both eating at the moment. I'm thinking of putting the pair of them on rabbit rehome and just having my golden boy Dennis.

In all seriousness though what am I going to do long term. Why does Toby have to jump over everything!!!

I'm afraid I don't have any innovative suggestions and in your position I think I would continue as you are doing for longer and hope that things settle. You'll need to make sure that Toby can't jump over and access Maple while you're both out though :(

Thank goodness for Dennis :love:

Naughty Toby :cry: can you put some kind of lid or overhang on that side of the pen? As a visual deterrent? I’ve known people use sheets pegged over, or cardboard. If he’s a climber that’s tricky, I’ve seen one of my bridge bunnies climb 4ft up vertical weld mesh:shock:

Yes... Atticus is a climber... He learnt to climb things like they're a ladder if it's too high to jump... Honestly it's a bit scary [emoji38][emoji38][emoji38] would bird netting over the top of her pen work? Maybe with light cardboard resting on top..? So he can see its not possible..? [emoji38] Difficult one, I had a lot of aggression between my two when they were near each other and could see. Lot of nasty fights when they tried to get to each other too.

In the end I dispatched them to a lady who bonds bunnies (after them not seeing each other for a few weeks) and I think the stress of the new place, new smells, cats, dogs, crying baby and about several other things, completely alien to them, really helped [emoji38] they were good almost straight away and the lady was lovely and didn't mind me checking in far too much :) I was really worried about Atticus getting gas from stress etc, but he was fine and they were glad to be together I think :)

Not saying you should do this, but I guess I'm saying it's always an option if you run out of ideas for your current method like I did :) xx

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

I'm considering building something more permanent. Perspex and has wooden pens with some anti - Tipper Tapper Toby ledges at the top. These guys aren't going to be bonded anytime soon by the looks of this mornings episode of fight club.

I never knew rabbits could climb like that. He literally climbs. I imagine he could do 4 ft too zoobec given the chance. It's the landing that worries me.

I am quite open to the thought of someone bonding them as im quite tierd now!

Here is a victory sploof from Toby
d8b6b3a58477fee39d6f733521a316c8.jpg

Gosh that really is a 2 fingers / legs up to Maple sploof from Toby SM. I don't know what to suggest - little padded suits with mitts & booties attached?

Would it be possible to rearrange the pen so that it could have a lid? I've had to do that with mine as I have climbers too :shock:

Back