• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I'm a long term foster mum!

Mrs. Bunnykins

Wise Old Thumper
Just before Christmas 2017, a very dear bunny owning friend of mine had a kidney and pancreas transplant and I was asked to care for her beautiful bunny for a few weeks. Well, my friend is recovering remarkably well, however she is concerned about having her bunny back due to the possibility of picking up some form of infection which could be a serious risk to her health. My friend's immune system is compromised and she has very little or no resistance to infection. Hence me being her bunny's foster mum.

Luna is a beautiful medium size grey bunny and in fantastic health for being 11 years old!! I have to keep a really close eye on her diet as she does and always has suffered with a very delicate tummy and the slightest sweet tasting thing results in her creating way to many caecotrophs.....pooey and pongy. She's a cheeky monkey and has the most unique relationship with Dylan, my autistic bunny. I've never witnessed a 'friendship' like this in all the years I have been caring for bunnies. They are rather like a couple of neighbours chatting over a fence, nothing nasty, no love, just friendship.

Anyway, Luna is with me for the rest of her life....lucky me.

Last edited:
aww, sometimes friendship is everything you need in your twilight years :love: I'm glad you get to keep her

I wouldn't have believed the relationship Luna and Dylan have if I hadn't seen it for myself. It is certainly unique and clearly neither of them have read the manual on Bonding Bunnies. I'm glad you are keeping Luna as I was worried about how they would both cope if they had to be separated.

Back