• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bar biting driving me nuts!

Casco

Mama Doe
Even when they have the whole room Casper still insists on biting the bars of the puppy pen which makes such a racket! He mostly bites the panel that’s next to the patio door. I let them out via the patio doors a few times the other week, could he be associating that section with getting outside and trying to find a way back out?! I haven’t been able to let them out in the garden since then as I’ve been doing some work to the fence and there’s a risk they’ll escape so until I have time to finish what I started the rabbits can’t have garden time.

Not sure why he’s started the bar biting, he has done it before but not to this extent so wanting to be outside is the only thing I can think of that’s been different recently.

I think he it will be because he associates that now with being let out, like you say, is the no other type of screen you could put up maybe block view of outside out for now?

If I close the blinds it helps a bit but not completely. Was actually planning to move them outside in a few weeks to see how it goes, will be interesting to see if they like living outdoors. Concerned in the meantime that he’ll end up damaging his teeth with the bar biting though.

Back