• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

windy food

luvabun

Warren Veteran
after Totti's recent bout of intestinal gas, what foods create these sorts of problems in bunnies? Don't know if they usually **** it out (Totts is very prim and proper and would not do such a thing) :lol: :lol: :lol: so obviously want to eliminate offending foods from his diet

The food we have found to cause problems in vulnerable bunnies are : all greens, brocolli, apple, banana,cucumber., ...in fact most veg, except carrot and celery.
Also too much dried rabbit food, or vegetables and fruit...it is difficult to say without looking at your bunnies and observing which particular foods upset them... I can have a close look at this whilst they are here Jill, and
I will discuss the Sanctuary stabilising (and wind free) diet when we see you shortly .lol: :lol:..but you could not wait till then Jill could you... :? ...you just want to give us all some more work to do on the Forum :twisted: :lol: :lol: ..and I know Tamsin needs to get on with THAT essay, and I have bunnies who are sulking here as they have been fed late :shock: :shock: :lol: (Not to mention my poor Husband..who has also been starved :shock: )

We rarely have problems with the Sanctuary bunnies as they all have a very strict diet, and many had quite severe problems when they arrived.
We find it better to keep the diet the same all the time, as any change seems to have the effect you were describing earlier :? :lol:
This is one thing I can help with :wink:

Totts loves his spring greens but I've now taken them off the menu and he wasn't eating any of the others mentioned. I had already eliminated them from Brody's diet as I thought they were contributing to her sloppy poos. Have now tried Totts with celery but he ain't fussed (don't blame him, hate the stuff meself).... Brody seems to like it .

I have total faith that their dietary issues will be fully resolved by the time I get back from Oz... yippedeedoodah... not long to go now
hyper.gif
hyper.gif
hyper.gif

luvabun said:
yippedeedoodah... not long to go now
hyper.gif
hyper.gif
hyper.gif

erm Jill :oops: :oops:
I hate to interupt you here, but did you REALLY think you were off to Oz...well...I have news for you :p ...I have decided that YOU are staying here to run the Sanctuary, do all Guardian Angels Correspondence and run the Forum with the lovely Tamsin, whilst I zip off on holiday using your ticket... :p :p :p :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: ....and you thought I was going to slave away caring for your bunnies whilst you sun yourself on a tropical beach didnt you :? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

As Adele says it can vary from bunny to bunny what upsets them and what doesn't. Perhaps the easyist way is to introduce each type one by one and keep a note of what agrees with them and what doesn't. Of course leaving it to Adele to work out is even easier :lol:

You might find in their particular case some of the herbs would work better as greens rather than veg.

Tam

Adele said:
luvabun said:
yippedeedoodah... not long to go now
hyper.gif
hyper.gif
hyper.gif

erm Jill :oops: :oops:
I hate to interupt you here, but did you REALLY think you were off to Oz...well...I have news for you :p ...I have decided that YOU are staying here to run the Sanctuary, do all Guardian Angels Correspondence and run the Forum with the lovely Tamsin, whilst I zip off on holiday using your ticket... :p :p :p :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: ....and you thought I was going to slave away caring for your bunnies whilst you sun yourself on a tropical beach didnt you :? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Its going to be really hard honest - I've got to kayak with dolphins, watch humpback whales migrate, visit the Koala sanctuary, snorkel with zillions of fish and whatever else comes up... sunning on a beach ain't going to happen
1.gif

Tamsin said:
As Adele says it can vary from bunny to bunny what upsets them and what doesn't. Perhaps the easyist way is to introduce each type one by one and keep a note of what agrees with them and what doesn't. Of course leaving it to Adele to work out is even easier :lol: (Quote Tamsin)

You cheeky lady Tams!! EASIER for whom may I ask :twisted: :lol: :lol:

You might find in their particular case some of the herbs would work better as greens rather than veg.

Tam

Yes we find herbs are better tolerated in bunnies than greens to a large extent, but even so, moderation is the key, as herbs can still create gas if over fed.
Parsley and mint seems to be good, and lemon balm (which is the rabbits absolute favourite, trouble is, it is my favourite herb in a salad too, so we fight over the supply growing in the garden :lol: )

I had loads of lemon balm in the garden and dug it up as it was growing like a bloomin' weed!!!! perhaps I can find a little bit left untouched :oops:

i don't know how much truth is in this, but i read that serving veg straight from the fridge can cause problems....?

Back