• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Help clementine made squeal noise

Graciee

Staff member
I couldn't feel worse honestly. It wasn't a proper kick but she got under my feet and I didn't notice :( she made a quick squeal noise as I hit her :( it wasn't very hard but it clearly hurt her! then looked shocked and came back over to me and let me give her nose rubs - then she hopped off just fine, she's been hopping around fine, she took a treat been running through the tunnels too and is now inside flopped :(

I've felt her all over and she hasn't flinched when I touched her, but do I need to go to a vet? I'm terrified I've hurt her, well I know I've hurt her, but I mean lasting damage :(

She's nomming hay currently and looks fine :(

Suggestions and opinions welcome :( x

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I think it's very distressing when a rabbit squeals because they are not normally vocal animals. To decide whether you need to go to a vet or not, I would try to discount the fact that she squealed as it possibly has no relevance in deciding how much she was hurt.

I would try to base the decision on how forceful the action was and how she is reacting now. From what you've described she doesn't appear to be in pain anywhere and is eating.

If it were me I think I would just monitor her closely for a while and then decide.

I think it's very distressing when a rabbit squeals because they are not normally vocal animals. To decide whether you need to go to a vet or not, I would try to discount the fact that she squealed as it possibly has no relevance in deciding how much she was hurt.

I would try to base the decision on how forceful the action was and how she is reacting now. From what you've described she doesn't appear to be in pain anywhere and is eating.

If it were me I think I would just monitor her closely for a while and then decide.

Thank you :( it wasn't hard was like my bare foot pushed into her side a little I just wasn't expecting her to be there and I don't think she expected me to move!

She seems completely normal now and wasn't too phased after tbh, I'm just so scared honestly. I think I'll monitor her closely and see like you suggested - no exotic vets til Tuesday anyway so not sure how much vets4pets would know :(

Do they squeal when in intense pain only? Or could it have been she wasn't expecting it?

It doesn't sound as though you caught her very hard so I'm inclined to think she squealed in surprise rather than pain. I agree with Omi that the best thing for now would be to keep an eye on her. I'd particularly monitor that she's eating ok and that she's not overly grooming a particular area.

These buns do have a terrible habit of getting under your feet. I've accidentally knocked into mine a few times and they've been perfectly ok. Hasn't stopped me being racked with guilt even though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you :( it wasn't hard was like my bare foot pushed into her side a little I just wasn't expecting her to be there and I don't think she expected me to move!

She seems completely normal now and wasn't too phased after tbh, I'm just so scared honestly. I think I'll monitor her closely and see like you suggested - no exotic vets til Tuesday anyway so not sure how much vets4pets would know :(

Do they squeal when in intense pain only? Or could it have been she wasn't expecting it?

I don't know if there are any hard facts about when a rabbit squeals. I've experienced it very few times and if I had to guess I would have said that it's been caused by pain and that fear was a contributory factor.

It doesn't sound as though she is too bothered by it now. I think monitoring her closely is what I would do.

It doesn't sound as though you caught her very hard so I'm inclined to think she squealed in surprise rather than pain. I agree with Omi that the best thing for now would be to keep an eye on her. I'd particularly monitor that she's eating ok and that she's not overly grooming a particular area.

These buns do have a terrible habit of getting under your feet. I've accidentally knocked into mine a few times and they've been perfectly ok. Hasn't stopped me being racked with guilt even though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea thank you, if she hadn't made that noise I don't think I'd have been that concerned because it didn't feel like I really knocked her - but obviously she's tiny to me so Idk. She seems okay, she's been eating - issue is they've both been going mad in the garden all day so they're both laying down a lot which makes me worry she's in pain... But could just be she's tired just like Atticus is..

And their area is all clean so new litter tray and there's no poops yet, which again could be normal but now I'm paranoid about everything - don't think I'm going to get a lot of sleep tonight.

Thanks for responding I really appreciate it :)

I don't know if there are any hard facts about when a rabbit squeals. I've experienced it very few times and if I had to guess I would have said that it's been caused by pain and that fear was a contributory factor.

It doesn't sound as though she is too bothered by it now. I think monitoring her closely is what I would do.
Yea that's what I'm going to do, thanks for your advice :) x

Yea thank you, if she hadn't made that noise I don't think I'd have been that concerned because it didn't feel like I really knocked her - but obviously she's tiny to me so Idk. She seems okay, she's been eating - issue is they've both been going mad in the garden all day so they're both laying down a lot which makes me worry she's in pain... But could just be she's tired just like Atticus is..

And their area is all clean so new litter tray and there's no poops yet, which again could be normal but now I'm paranoid about everything - don't think I'm going to get a lot of sleep tonight.

Thanks for responding I really appreciate it :)

Hope all is OK Grace ... I've PMd you :wave:

How's she doing today Grace? x
Nomming on hay [emoji38] that's Atticus in the litter tray.

I stayed up with them most of the night because of Clementine but also the thunder and put a blanket over the cage incase they wanted to feel secure Atticus stayed in there but Clementine slept against me on the floor just outside the cage, she seems okay in herself, she's not frightened of me at all and I think I may have gotten away with it, closely monitoring her though and just hoping she stays okay.

They've got their yearly jabs this week with William so unless she needs to see someone before then, I'm going to ask him to check her all over and maybe do an xray when we're there if he thinks it's needed.

I feel like a monster but she seems to have forgiven me, thanks for asking :) xx
8ab2a70da88bcdc7fad110b5633b4197.jpg

Glad she seems ok. I have to walk around the garden so slowly in case somebun gets right in front of me. It's not as if I'm tiny :roll:

Nomming on hay [emoji38] that's Atticus in the litter tray.

I stayed up with them most of the night because of Clementine but also the thunder and put a blanket over the cage incase they wanted to feel secure Atticus stayed in there but Clementine slept against me on the floor just outside the cage, she seems okay in herself, she's not frightened of me at all and I think I may have gotten away with it, closely monitoring her though and just hoping she stays okay.

They've got their yearly jabs this week with William so unless she needs to see someone before then, I'm going to ask him to check her all over and maybe do an xray when we're there if he thinks it's needed.

I feel like a monster but she seems to have forgiven me, thanks for asking :) xx
8ab2a70da88bcdc7fad110b5633b4197.jpg

I know that monster feeling. But at least it means we're vigilant and don't ignore our lovelies :love:

She looks like a sturdy lass - how heavy is she Grace?

A couple of my rabbits were phased by the thunderstorm, and particularly the lightening (worse than the noise here). I had to adjust the blinds so they were perfectly closed (they had got stuck!) and they settled down for the night.

Getting hot again here :)

I know that monster feeling. But at least it means we're vigilant and don't ignore our lovelies :love:

She looks like a sturdy lass - how heavy is she Grace?

A couple of my rabbits were phased by the thunderstorm, and particularly the lightening (worse than the noise here). I had to adjust the blinds so they were perfectly closed (they had got stuck!) and they settled down for the night.

Getting hot again here :)

Yea she's overweight - 3.9kg now, 3.6kg is her ideal, which she was for a while up until bonding - Atticus isn't as quick with the pellets so she eats most (they only have an egg cup between them) she's always been big, I spoke to William about it the other week - he said she's big built and at 3.6kg is a good weight for her. But 3.9kg is to much- I'm concerned about getting rid of pellets all together because of Atticus though.. I tried feeding separate but he's just not as interested in them (he has a few then he's off[emoji38])

Yea it's hot again here too :)

Yea she's overweight - 3.9kg now, 3.6kg is her ideal, which she was for a while up until bonding - Atticus isn't as quick with the pellets so she eats most (they only have an egg cup between them) she's always been big, I spoke to William about it the other week - he said she's big built and at 3.6kg is a good weight for her. But 3.9kg is to much- I'm concerned about getting rid of pellets all together because of Atticus though.. I tried feeding separate but he's just not as interested in them (he has a few then he's off[emoji38])

I appreciate the weight issue. Tethra got to be 4kg as he was having more than half the small amount of pellets he was sharing with Tan (his Mum). I couldn't reduce the amount as she was only 2.9kg and my vet wanted her to gain a little. Neither would eat by themselves so they couldn't be fed separately. After he was by himself for a few months I managed to get it down to 3.6kg. He's still 3.6kg although he's having lots more exercise with Tui and they're still having very few pellets. Clementine looks to be sturdy rather than fat, which is how I would describe Tethra.

It's good to hear that she seems fine :D

Aaawww I didn't think she was overweight, just a sturdy lass as I said :D

Could you feed a few to Atticus throughout the day, or a few times daily, or is that just not practical?

Thanks both :)

Yes she's always been sturdy [emoji38] I call her dumpling or pudding at home [emoji38][emoji38] when she runs around in the garden my boyfriend will shout out dumpling run! Because she looks so funny [emoji38][emoji38]

She's definitely too heavy currently but even when she was 3.6kg she looks hefty haha its just her build I think, their dad was very large and the breeder said they'd end up at 8 pounds each which is about 3.6kg I think. Atticus was the runt, and very thin when he arrived home as a baby he's only ever got to 3kg which I think is actually a good weight for him :)

Not really easy for me to do that, sometimes I'm at home and could but other times I only see them twice a day, he's just not that into the pellets though honestly [emoji38] I'll figure something out because I want her to get back down to 3.6kg and stay there again haha xx

Wow your bunnies are stunning : O

We have to do "the bunny shuffle" here

Husband tells me of if I take too big steps in the bunny room :D they circle my feet like sharks.

Did you get poops? Xx

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Wow your bunnies are stunning : O

We have to do "the bunny shuffle" here

Husband tells me of if I take too big steps in the bunny room :D they circle my feet like sharks.

Did you get poops? Xx

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Awh thank you :) yea I think ima have to start doing that, I get circled but it's normally larger circles and running around lots, but as they're free range they're pretty chill so not always under my feet [emoji38]

Yes they both pooped lots and Clementine seems really fine tbh, still going to get the vet to check her over though when they have jabs this week [emoji32] xx

Awh thank you :) yea I think ima have to start doing that, I get circled but it's normally larger circles and running around lots, but as they're free range they're pretty chill so not always under my feet [emoji38]

Yes they both pooped lots and Clementine seems really fine tbh, still going to get the vet to check her over though when they have jabs this week [emoji32] xx

Glad to hear all is well Grace :)
How is Atticus coping? Did you ever start using the F10?

Back