• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Just had a Shock - Samantha

tonibun

Wise Old Thumper
Just found my lovely New Zealand White dead. Yesterday she was her normal self, no clues as to anything wrong. She had eaten her hay and poohs beautiful. I brought her home in October 2011, she was a year old and had had a litter. The folk who owned her had decided to get another dog! I tried bonding her, after she had been spayed, but she attacked him by grabbing him round the neck. He looked terrified, so I quickly separated them and never tried again, which I regret but she was quite a nervy bunny. I have always felt so sorry for her being on her own, but of course she had the other bunnies around her. She never did much when she came out, pestered me for food mainly! and if I came back inside she would very likely go back to her hutch. Even the other day I was wondering if she would bond with Roger and Bobbie, but I was too scared to try. I hope she was happy here.

Last edited:
Just found my lovely New Zealand White dead. Yesterday she was her normal self, no clues as to anything wrong. She had eaten her hay and poohs beautiful. I brought her home in October 2013, she was a year old and had had a litter. The folk who owned her had decided to get another dog! I tried bonding her, after she had been spayed, but she attacked him by grabbing him round the neck. He looked terrified, so I quickly separated them and never tried again, which I regret but she was quite a nervy bunny. I have always felt so sorry for her being on her own, but of course she had the other bunnies around her. She never did much when she came out, pestered me for food mainly! and if I came back inside she would very likely go back to her hutch. Even the other day I was wondering if she would bond with Roger and Bobbie, but I was too scared to try. I hope she was happy here.

I am so sorry to hear this tonibun xx

I'm so very sorry you lost her. You gave her a wonderful second chance at life. Some bunnies just can't cope with a companion, so please don't feel guilty. Sending hugs xxx

I'm sorry to read this sad news, Tonibun. :(
I am sure Samantha enjoyed her life with you. As you say, although she was on her own, she had the company of rabbits around her.

Just checked in my little book again as I was upset earlier on and I brought Samantha home in October 2011 not 13,it was the 13 October, that's what confused me. I knew she was definitely 7.5. Thank you all so much.

I'm so sorry you lost Samantha [emoji17] It must have been such an awful shock. I have no doubt she was very happy with you, especially after having such a tough start in life.

Sleeep tight Samantha xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm sorry Tonibun, what a shock it must be for you. I'm sure she was happy, some buns don't like company and you gave her the chance to try.
Sleep well little one x

Back