• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Warning- This is NOT a Vaccine and it WILL NOT Protect a Rabbit from Myxo/RHD1+2

My goodness. Is it legal to claim this is a vaccine? Then again I can't help but notice they've said 'vacc' not 'vaccine'.
What a price to charge for it too, especially as they suggest to give it daily.
'May' protect against... Sure... It's basically just echinacea, sage and thyme :?
How truly disgusting that they can sell something offering such a dangerous form of false hope leaving the poor rabbit with no protection whatsoever.

My goodness. Is it legal to claim this is a vaccine? Then again I can't help but notice they've said 'vacc' not 'vaccine'.
'May' protect against... Sure... It's basically just echinacea, sage and thyme :?
How truly disgusting that they can sell something offering such a dangerous form of false hope leaving the poor rabbit with no protection whatsoever.

This sort of fraud (because that is what it is) makes me furious :evil:

How truly disgusting that they can sell something offering such a dangerous form of false hope leaving the poor rabbit with no protection whatsoever

Firstly, no, it's not just herbs - as stated in the blurb, and secondly it doesn't give false hope as it clearly states that there is no evidence to substantiate whether they are effective or not.

Nosodes are prepared by homeopathic dilution. Although they have been used for many years, they have not been subjected to clinical trials, so therefore the evidence for their prophylactic use can not be substantiated.)

Buyer beware :D

I understand Sue (Cannonwoman) used them?

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?86103-Question-re-vaccination-nosodes-LINK-ADDED

I can't say whether they work or not - I've never tried them.
I have always used conventional vaccines and will continue to do so :thumb:

Firstly, no, it's not just herbs - as stated in the blurb, and secondly it doesn't give false hope as it clearly states that there is no evidence to substantiate whether they are effective or not.

Nosodes are prepared by homeopathic dilution. Although they have been used for many years, they have not been subjected to clinical trials, so therefore the evidence for their prophylactic use can not be substantiated.)

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?86103-Question-re-vaccination-nosodes-LINK-ADDED

I've just looked that up myself, I didn't know what 'nosodes' meant :oops: I don't know anything about homeopathy.
But still it seems massively irresponsible that they're allowed to sell this as though it's an alternative to the vaccine.
I suppose it's down to the terminology, that it 'may' protect, that no clinical trials have been conducted etc. It's still hugely upsetting that they're taking a chance on animals lives for profit :(

The late 'Cannonwoman' was badly mislead by an 'Alternative Therapist'. As a result she subsequently lost several of her Rabbits to RHD

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?86367-Digby-amp-Angel-very-poorly-THEY-RE-BOTH-GONE!

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?86577-Well-Day-2-is-drawing-to-an-end/page3

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?87386-Aren-t-rabbits-important-enough

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?87439-BLUE-S-GONE!

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?91385-I-miss-them-sooooooo-much

Cannonwoman was a very dear friend of mine and I will NEVER forget the devastation she endured. She never recovered from the trauma and she died just a year later aged 34.

The late 'Cannonwoman' was badly mislead by an 'Alternative Therapist'. As a result she subsequently lost several of her Rabbits to RHD

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?86367-Digby-amp-Angel-very-poorly-THEY-RE-BOTH-GONE!

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?86577-Well-Day-2-is-drawing-to-an-end/page3

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?87386-Aren-t-rabbits-important-enough

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?87439-BLUE-S-GONE!

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?91385-I-miss-them-sooooooo-much

Cannonwoman was a very dear friend of mine and I will NEVER forget the devastation she endured. She never recovered from the trauma and she died just a year later aged 34.

That is truly awful and so sad :cry:

I've just looked that up myself, I didn't know what 'nosodes' meant :oops: I don't know anything about homeopathy.
But still it seems massively irresponsible that they're allowed to sell this as though it's an alternative to the vaccine.
I suppose it's down to the terminology, that it 'may' protect, that no clinical trials have been conducted etc. It's still hugely upsetting that they're taking a chance on animals lives for profit :(

I agree, and it’s not made obvious enough that it isn’t an actual vaccine IMO.

That is truly awful and so sad :cry:

Su and me spent many hours on the phone as she sobbed her heart out. She felt so guilty and totally responsible for the Rabbit's deaths. But she was not to blame, the so called (self appointed) 'Expert' is the one responsible. Bloody people like that are a danger to both animals and humans. Su went to her grave believing she killed Rabbits whom she loved so much. Nothing I could say made her believe otherwise. The entire situation was heartbreaking x

Su and me spent many hours on the phone as she sobbed her heart out. She felt so guilty and totally responsible for the Rabbit's deaths. But she was not to blame, the so called (self appointed) 'Expert' is the one responsible. Bloody people like that are a danger to both animals and humans. Su went to her grave believing she killed Rabbits whom she loved so much. Nothing I could say made her believe otherwise. The entire situation was heartbreaking x

So tragic :cry: there are no words:cry:

I am sorry that you are so upset by this, especially with everything that's going on for you at the moment :(

If you feel, as you do, that they are being massively irresponsible, then I suggest you contact them and also the Trading Standard body in charge of advertising and marketing.

Rest assured though that no vet (that I know of) ever recommends using nosodes, and will only ever promote vaccination for rabbits. People (as poor Sue did) will have to seek them out for themselves. Then they will see the warning - which is clear and not in 'small print' that they have never been clinically tested for efficacy.

I'm afraid this hoary old chestnut comes up every now and again, but it's good that newbies are aware of the facts :D:wave:

So tragic :cry: there are no words:cry:

No, there are not. There should be laws in place to stop people being able to market 'alternative treatments' for Animals (or humans) when they are not qualified in conentional medicine and the products they claim work miracles are not scientifically tested. Maybe some of these 'Alternative Therapists' are well meaning. But to quote the famous proverb 'the road to hell is paved with good intentions'.

No, there are not. There should be laws in place to stop people being able to market 'alternative treatments' for Animals (or humans) when they are not qualified in conentional medicine and the products they claim work miracles are not scientifically tested. Maybe some of these 'Alternative Therapists' are well meaning. But to quote the famous proverb 'the road to hell is paved with good intentions'.

If you are referring to the "Rabbit Vacc Combo" in your first post - no miracles are claimed there, so no misleading :)

Quite the reverse ...

they have not been subjected to clinical trials, so therefore the evidence for their prophylactic use can not be substantiated.

They are actually saying that there is no evidence that they do work, not that they work miracles :)

If you are referring to the "Rabbit Vacc Combo" in your first post - no miracles are claimed there, so no misleading :)

Quite the reverse ...

they have not been subjected to clinical trials, so therefore the evidence for their prophylactic use can not be substantiated.

They are actually saying that there is no evidence that they do work, not that they work miracles :)

I am referring to the claims made by the 'Alternative Therapist' my late friend Su sought ( and was charged for) advice from.

I am horrified that anyone, especially an animal lover, would think 'buyer beware' is an appropriate attitude to have for this sort of thing! It's not like you're just wasting your money and no harm done, you're wasting money and potentially having animals die unnecessarily because of it!

They are clearly offering a product under the guise that it may help protect rabbits against these diseases, when frankly you could pour it down the sink and it will help exactly as much. It may include homeopathic nosodes along with herbs, but because homeopathy is based on diluting to an extent that none of the original ingredient remains, it's not just herbs, it's herbs in a water and alcohol mixture. It makes me absolutely mad that these things are sold; at best it's completely irresponsible and at worst it's fraudulent IMO.

Last edited:
I am horrified that anyone, especially an animal lover, would think 'buyer beware' is an appropriate attitude to have for this sort of thing! It's not like you're just wasting your money and no harm done, you're wasting money and potentially having animals die unnecessarily because of it!

They are clearly offering a product under the guise that it may help protect rabbits against these diseases, when frankly you could pour it down the sink and it will help exactly as much. It may include homeopathic nosodes along with herbs, but because homeopathy is based on diluting to an extent that none of the original ingredient remains, it's not just herbs, it's herbs in a water and alcohol mixture. It makes me absolutely mad that these things are sold; at best it's completely irresponsible and at worst it's fraudulent IMO.

:thumb:

I don't get the big deal.

If there's a vaccine for a disease and it's recommended that you vaccinate against it, then there's not going to be an alternative medicine that will do the same thing. What would be the point in spending all that money creating the vaccines then? You don't hear people saying 'oh yeah you don't need vaccines for rabies or measles etc, just take this medicine everyday instead!'

You've got to be logical and consider when alternative medicines are ok and when they're not.

I don't get the big deal.

If there's a vaccine for a disease and it's recommended that you vaccinate against it, then there's not going to be an alternative medicine that will do the same thing. What would be the point in spending all that money creating the vaccines then? You don't hear people saying 'oh yeah you don't need vaccines for rabies or measles etc, just take this medicine everyday instead!'

You've got to be logical and consider when alternative medicines are ok and when they're not.

I agree William. You have to credit people with common sense, and when a product actually states on it's label that there is no proof that it actually works, then it's obviously down to the buyer to 'be aware' and decide for themselves what they wish to do! :D

Personally I don’t think you should do that or have that attitude as far as something as important as life or death is concerned. While many of us will see straight through this sort of thing and will of course vaccinate, there are plenty of people who are cognitively unable to do so and believe what they are told. If it was as simple as trusting people to work things out for themselves and believing that they are capable of doing so, there would be no such thing as phishing, fraud or scams, because everyone would see right through it. (Indeed there would be no such thing as these products, because no-one would buy them...) But they can’t, and therefore need to be safeguarded and supported to make evidence-based decisions, not left to flounder and risk finding information like this and think they’re doing the right thing.

The only winners out of this are the companies who make and sell these products. The owners (who will largely be the vulnerable ones who don’t know any better) and their animals are going to lose. It’s like defending people who commit fraud and scams on the basis that people should simply work it out for themselves and not fall for it. I don’t understand why anyone would defend this sort of practice.

Last edited:
Personally I don’t think you should do that or have that attitude as far as something as important as life or death is concerned. While many of us will see straight through this sort of thing and will of course vaccinate, there are plenty of people who are cognitively unable to do so and believe what they are told. If it was as simple as trusting people to work things out for themselves and believing that they are capable of doing so, there would be no such thing as phishing, fraud or scams, because everyone would see right through it. (Indeed there would be no such thing as these products, because no-one would buy them...) But they can’t, and therefore need to be safeguarded and supported to make evidence-based decisions, not left to flounder and risk finding information like this and think they’re doing the right thing.

The only winners out of this are the companies who make and sell these products. The owners (who will largely be the vulnerable ones who don’t know any better) and their animals are going to lose. It’s like defending people who commit fraud and scams on the basis that people should simply work it out for themselves and not fall for it. I don’t understand why anyone would defend this sort of practice.

Absolutely agree :D

I don't defend 'this sort of practice' either :thumb:

Back