• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Daphnephoebe

:love: Hi my beautiful Mouse.

I shall reply with the recipe when I get home from work as I'm just about to come off my break x

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

OK beautiful Mouse. Give these instructions to mum ;)

(Any other buns welcome to use it too)

Collect dust/small bits of hay left over from your hay bale/bag. Readigrass is a good dust to use too.
If you feed pellet food and want to make the treats a little extra unhealthy then add the dust from the bottom of the bag too.

Put it all into a bowl and add either some Ella's Kitchen Baby food or a selected fruit (banana is a good one, blitzed apple works well too).
Add enough that the hay holds shape but try not to get them too wet as it'll take longer to bake.

Shape however you want, thin disc shapes will cook quicker.

Put the oven onto around 120deg c and put your little treats in on a nonstick tray. After 5 mins, take them out and flip them over. Turn heat down to around 80degc then cook for 2 to 3 hours (until dry throughout). Leave in the oven to cool as this'll ensure fully dry.

The reason you start so hot and then flip over is to help prevent them baking onto the tray.

***if you have a dehydrator***

Make your discs then put in one layer worth into each section. Normally takes around 1 to 2 hours depending on the thickness.

Ohhh Mummy:lol: I gave her your really clear & useful instructions but they look rather rustic - like birds nests. I hope they taste better than they look. Joey has said there is no way he is gonna touch them which has upset me as I was gonna use them as an excuse to hump him again. She made them with oat hay dust & bits, some fenugreek (dried leaves & powder) with a strawberry & apple baby food.

Big nose bumps & loves - Mouse xx

Ohhh Mummy[emoji38] I gave her your really clear & useful instructions but they look rather rustic - like birds nests. I hope they taste better than they look. Joey has said there is no way he is gonna touch them which has upset me as I was gonna use them as an excuse to hump him again. She made them with oat hay dust & bits, some fenugreek (dried leaves & powder) with a strawberry & apple baby food.

Big nose bumps & loves - Mouse xx
Oh they sound lovely! I'm sure they'll be super yummy. I never make them look very pretty either but Daphne and Phoebe say they taste good despite the look.

They went down really well. I'll maybe use more baby food next time,or one with banana to help them bind but the bunnies didn't care. Nom nom

Ive just ordered a dehydrator, do you mean you can put them in there instead of the oven? If so, I’m going to have a go. How long do they last? X

Collect dust/small bits of hay left over from your hay bale/bag. Readigrass is a good dust to use too.
If you feed pellet food and want to make the treats a little extra unhealthy then add the dust from the bottom of the bag too.

Put it all into a bowl and add either some Ella's Kitchen Baby food or a selected fruit (banana is a good one, blitzed apple works well too).
Add enough that the hay holds shape but try not to get them too wet as it'll take longer to bake.

Put the oven onto around 120deg c and put your little treats in on a nonstick tray. After 5 mins, take them out and flip them over. Turn heat down to around 80degc then cook for 2 to 3 hours (until dry throughout). Leave in the oven to cool as this'll ensure fully dry.

The reason you start so hot and then flip over is to help prevent them baking onto the tray.

Make your discs then put in one layer worth into each section. Normally takes around 1 to 2 hours depending on the thickness.

Thank you DP :thumb:

Simple, but good, and went down well :D

Thank you from my buns :love:

Thank you DP :thumb:

Simple, but good, and went down well :D

Thank you from my buns :love:
I'm glad they went down well.

It's my cheap treats for when I can't afford to buy special treats for them. (not that they often get special treats).

I'm glad they went down well.

It's my cheap treats for when I can't afford to buy special treats for them. (not that they often get special treats).

I haven't bought any treats for my rabbits, but some very kind Ruers have been spoiling them!
I believe the buns now wish to leave home :cry:;)

Nom Nom Nom! I shall give this a try? What's the name of this recipe? ;)

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Back