• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Timothy hay.co.uk

loobers25

Warren Veteran
Timothy hay out of stock!! Stasis bun requires this as his main food. Please could anyone recommend long stalky timothy hay??

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Not long stalks in particular but Frosty bun likes Oxbow western Timothy hay and also alfalfa king Timothy hay. Timothy Readigrass goes down well too.

I suggest you email them. They might be able to find you some. That's what I've done before with their Green Oat hay.

Not long stalks in particular but Frosty bun likes Oxbow western Timothy hay and also alfalfa king Timothy hay. Timothy Readigrass goes down well too.
Thanks zoobec, I can lay my hands to both of those thankfully in a shop near my work

I brought a couple of bales of this hay a month or so ago. I have only opened one bag, but it is extremely unpopular here. It is long and stalky, but doesn't smell anywhere as nice as Timothyhay :-(

Richard
Thanks Richard, shall give that a miss then!

Has Toby tried the Green Oat hay from Timothy Hay Co? That is definitely long and stalky, but probably will have a different taste to Timothy. My rabbits like it just as much as the Timothy.

It's hard to believe that they have completely run out of the Timothy, but it is very popular.

If you've got some of the Timothy left, I suggest you mix it with whatever substitute you try him with.

I emailed them yesterday, they said hopefully about 3 weeks time they'd have some more timothy hay.

How much do you have left? Enough to cover you til then? I think I've got half a bale left maybe... If you want that :) not sure where abouts you are though - mine eat oat and ings aswell so not too much of an issue here xx

https://www.thehayexperts.co.uk/alfalfa-king-timothy-hay.html

Also this can be bought in pets at home - it's expensive but in a pinch I've bought it and mine like it a lot :) it's not a soft hay though...
Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I emailed them yesterday, they said hopefully about 3 weeks time they'd have some more timothy hay.

How much do you have left? Enough to cover you til then? I think I've got half a bale left maybe... If you want that :) not sure where abouts you are though - mine eat oat and ings aswell so not too much of an issue here xx

Also this can be bought in pets at home - it's expensive but in a pinch I've bought it and mine like it a lot :) it's not a soft hay though...
Thank you gracie that is very kind. We are in Hampshire. I have always seen that hay but never tried it. It looks very stalky! I have one quater of a bale left so I am going to mix it

Has Toby tried the Green Oat hay from Timothy Hay Co? That is definitely long and stalky, but probably will have a different taste to Timothy. My rabbits like it just as much as the Timothy.

It's hard to believe that they have completely run out of the Timothy, but it is very popular.

If you've got some of the Timothy left, I suggest you mix it with whatever substitute you try him with.
I have never tried the oat hay in case it made him gassy. I have only ever given him meadow or timothy. And alfalfa when he was a baby . You think i can try it omi?

What's Ings hay? I am so confused looking at all these hays. I am going cross eyed!

Supposed to be bonding Toby this weekend so i need his tummy on top form!

What's Ings hay? I am so confused looking at all these hays. I am going cross eyed!

It's from hay and straw - my buns love it, and it doesn't upset Atticus and his megacolon issues :) it's soft though - smells good though

Thank you gracie that is very kind. We are in Hampshire. I have always seen that hay but never tried it. It looks very stalky! I have one quater of a bale left so I am going to mix it

Ah quite far from me then! Yes it seems alright honestly it smells good too.

Could you just feed the oat hay from Timothyhay.co.uk? It can be used as a main feed too :) it's not soft either really xx

Its a while since I have brought it, but I think Ings is like a meadow hay. It is soft and thin, but had some tasty weeds in :)
I have tried so many hays over the last few years I get confused, so I apologise if this description is wronf

Richard

I have never tried the oat hay in case it made him gassy. I have only ever given him meadow or timothy. And alfalfa when he was a baby . You think i can try it omi?

I don't think it would make him gassy. It's certainly green and stalky, but it differs from Timothy in that the stalks are fatter. It will obviously taste different too.

Ings is nice hay. I've had it before. However, it's soft, not stalky. But it's sweet-smelling and does have some nice weeds in it too.

Has Toby ever refused any hay? If so, what type was it?

If as Graciee says they will have more in 3 weeks, I would try locally to get a small amount of Timothy hay elsewhere and mix it in with what you have left. I would also, once you get a regular normal supply from Timothy Hay co, try Toby with an alternative, so you don't have this situation again.

Back