• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I'm in the doghouse...

Lagomorphine

Warren Scout
I messed up. I meant well but it didn't work out.

Today I noticed aweird patch on Willow's underside as she was jumping about in the garden, so I thought I'd have a look*. I tried to pick her up and it went wrong. She was at an awkward angle, so she ended up facing the wrong way and she wriggled out of my hands, scratched me with her claws quite badly and hopped away.

Fortunately I don't think she got hurt, she is hopping about as usual but I think our relationship has really taken a hit. It's all in her eyes when she looks at me. I apologized and gave her a treat - which she begrudgingly accepted - but she won't let me touch her and she gives me the "you are despicable scum" treatment.

To make matters worse, Charlie is at the receiving end of it too. He hopped over to her, she gave him a really angry grunt and chased him away.

So that's it; I'm not too sure how I can get out of this. Horses, they are forgiving but rabbits bear grudges. Now what?

(*I think the weird patch was just a piece of dried leaf stuck to her fur.)

Oh oooh ur in trouble :p she will forgive u but u have some serious treats, strokes and grovelling to give her by the sounds of it!

Back