• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

do rabbits copy others' behaviours?

binkyCodie

Mama Doe
I'm just wondering, do rabbits copy other rabbits behaviours?

I've never seen Orion loaf in the time that we've had him, nor flop out basically in his back, not until he was within Luna's company. would he have picked this up from Luna?

I genuinely believ rabbits do learn from other rabbits, same way as we humans do, or any other animal for that matter. The foundation of learning is to mimic what is being shown or said. You learn through play and as children, we learnt behaviour and what we liked and didn't like from those we played with. Bunnies learn quickly I think, if their behavior warrants a treat. If that's on the cards, they'll pick that habit up pretty darn quick. From my limited experience, a couple of my buns have 'flopped' but most haven't. I don't know quite why that is but it's not something that probably can be taught from us humans. Rabbits each have their own personality which they developed in whatever circumstances they've been in. I know from observing 'Hillian' (Lillian and Henry) that Lillian will activley seek out Henry and follow him and they are like two besties at school, one leading, the other following. It's fascinating to watch. Last night as I put them to bed (so to speak), a cranberry or two was on offer. Henry was first to get his and Lillian quickly observed him having a treat and so she pushed her way in and 'asked' for her treat. So they do learn how to manipuate to their advantage and so I would sugegst that they do ultimately learn from each other as they spend time together.

We had our girls from when they were very little. One night they were playing in the living room and Cookie did a really odd binky. She went from standing still to just jumping vertically in the air. She did it a few times and then Lola and Frankie copied and I had 3 bunnies just jumping vertically in the air like frogs or jack in the boxes :lol: It was soooooo cute and funny! They learnt to run and binky properly in the end but that night they 100% learnt from Cookie those funny straight up in the air jumps, none of them had done them before. I just wish I had filmed it!!

We had our girls from when they were very little. One night they were playing in the living room and Cookie did a really odd binky. She went from standing still to just jumping vertically in the air. She did it a few times and then Lola and Frankie copied and I had 3 bunnies just jumping vertically in the air like frogs or jack in the boxes :lol: It was soooooo cute and funny! They learnt to run and binky properly in the end but that night they 100% learnt from Cookie those funny straight up in the air jumps, none of them had done them before. I just wish I had filmed it!!

:love:

Back