• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Tui's spay is booked - She's OK :)

Omi

Wise Old Thumper
The rescue had recommended that I wait until the beginning of June before having Tui spayed. However, in the last week she has become very hormonal to the point that the term "sex pest" would not be inappropriate.

She is taking an enormous interest in Tethra's bottom :shock: She can be distracted by food or sleep, but otherwise she is attempting to either scent mark or nip his bottom. This produces prolonged circling. It also seems to prompt similar behaviour from Tethra and he is attempting to hump her or indeed sit splayed on top of her. My OH thinks I am worrying unnecessarily and his view is that they are enjoying themselves:) The atmosphere just seems too tense to me though and I'm concerned that Tethra will get fed up with it, which although unlikely could lead to a fight. Their bond has been developing in a very positive way and to me it would seem silly to take chances. She is also spraying urine and leaving lots of puddles of urine in the run, which by itself I could easily put up with.

So I have booked it with my usual vet for next Tuesday. Tethra will go in with her. I find it scary even though it needs to be done.

Please keep my precious girl in your thoughts.

Last edited:
Awh thinking of you and Tui, sounds like the right decision to me :) hope it all goes well for your lovely girl xx

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

You'll only be just over a week early anyway so it has to be done. Pre-spaying vibes being sent your way. We don't like putting them through it but it will be better in the long run. xx

The rescue had recommended that I wait until the beginning of June before having Tui spayed. However, in the last week she has become very hormonal to the point that the term "sex pest" would not be inappropriate.

She is taking an enormous interest in Tethra's bottom :shock: She can be distracted by food or sleep, but otherwise she is attempting to either scent mark or nip his bottom. This produces prolonged circling. It also seems to prompt similar behaviour from Tethra and he is attempting to hump her or indeed sit splayed on top of her. My OH thinks I am worrying unnecessarily and his view is that they are enjoying themselves:) The atmosphere just seems too tense to me though and I'm concerned that Tethra will get fed up with it, which although unlikely could lead to a fight. Their bond has been developing in a very positive way and to me it would seem silly to take chances. She is also spraying urine and leaving lots of puddles of urine in the run, which by itself I could easily put up with.

So I have booked it with my usual vet for next Tuesday. Tethra will go in with her. I find it scary even though it needs to be done.

Please keep my precious girl in your thoughts.

I totally empathise with your anxiety. You are definitely doing the right thing though as Tui is obviously very hormonal now. I hope that her spay goes as well as Elsa's did. Sending millions of vibes xx

Lots of vibes for Tui's spay. I remember how nerve wracking it is! It certainly sounds like it needs to be done sooner rather than later!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spay vibes for Tui! Xx It sounds like it's definitely time for her spay. They will be much happier when it's all done! How big is she in comparison to tethra now? Xx

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Spay vibes for Tui! Xx It sounds like it's definitely time for her spay. They will be much happier when it's all done! How big is she in comparison to tethra now? Xx

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

She looks about 2/3 his size and is almost 6 months old. I'm not so sure that she's going to get so very large, but then the range given by the rescue was wide (3.5kg-5.5kg). Tethra weighs 3.6kg. She's certainly a different body shape and although when I pick her up she feels quite muscular, when she flops she sort of spreads herself :lol:

Thanks so much to everyone for their support and good wishes. I'll certainly be glad when I know she's come through it OK.

It sounds like poor Tui is more than ready for her spay! She sounds absolutely riddled by those pesky hormones. Athena still nips others butts, and she was spayed early too. I think bringing it a week or so early is definitely the right way to go; I'd do the same in that situation. Smooth spaying vibes for her. :)

Last edited:
Just dropping in to top up the vibes for Tui today. I hope that all will go well and that she'll recover quickly. Sending some vibes for Tethra and you too. Oh and some for Mr Omi ! xx

Thank you both very much. They have both been stuffed full of tummy-helping foods.

She really looks too tiny to have such a major op :(

Sending lots of vibes and hugs, hope everything goes well for your beautiful girl :) Tui and Jane's, Elsa have both really stolen my heart [emoji7] xx

Sending lots of vibes and hugs, hope everything goes well for your beautiful girl :) Tui and Jane's, Elsa have both really stolen my heart [emoji7] xx

Thank you very much Graciee. She really is such a happy rabbit :love:

If you're tempted, some of Tui's sisters are still in rescue ;)

Thank you very much Graciee. She really is such a happy rabbit :love:

If you're tempted, some of Tui's sisters are still in rescue ;)
Ahhh don't! I'd take them all [emoji38][emoji38]

Back