• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Taking a rabbit to work :-)

Interesting. My bridge bun, Ben was very much like Tarryn in the video - although Ben was probably twice the size!
I agree, not all rabbits are capable of this, in the same way us humans aren't capable of doing all roles, but definatley some rabbits clearly enjoy the interaction - in my opinion.
Rabbits at work? I would like that - anad again, I would have dearly loved to have taken Ben to work - he just loved people. 'Hillian' wouldn't be comfortable at work. However, we have an office dog - the worlds softest lab called Bud who provides that special calming feeling at work - usually when he wants a treat! So I regard the place I work as very special allowing and to some degree, encouraging dogs to be part of the office. Personally I love my two rabbits and they enjoy their life at home. I've still a long way to go before Lillian fully trusts us and Henry is getting there.

Interesting. My bridge bun, Ben was very much like Tarryn in the video - although Ben was probably twice the size!
I agree, not all rabbits are capable of this, in the same way us humans aren't capable of doing all roles, but definatley some rabbits clearly enjoy the interaction - in my opinion.
Rabbits at work? I would like that - anad again, I would have dearly loved to have taken Ben to work - he just loved people. 'Hillian' wouldn't be comfortable at work. However, we have an office dog - the worlds softest lab called Bud who provides that special calming feeling at work - usually when he wants a treat! So I regard the place I work as very special allowing and to some degree, encouraging dogs to be part of the office. Personally I love my two rabbits and they enjoy their life at home. I've still a long way to go before Lillian fully trusts us and Henry is getting there.

I've been asked so many times to bring one of my rabbits along to events such as workshops and book clubs, and I know he would enjoy it! A previous rabbit, Max, came with me on certain of my jobs.

How lovely to have a calming dog at work. Gives a peaceful ambience to the place and makes you smile, I reckon :)

That noise she made running up the stairs! :shock: Never heard anything like it!

I think most bunnies just don't have the ability for this kind of interaction. Nibbles seems to be quite used to being out and about though. Loved the last shot where she's sleeping underneath the desk. :love:

I would give anything to take Jenna with me to work. In a deli is not really the best place, but I'd like a job that would allow such a thing. I did read the next story about the Jack Russell that got signed off sick because she got stressed out trying to help students cope with stress at university. :( That would probably be Jenna, she couldn't handle all the extra handling.

That noise she made running up the stairs! :shock: Never heard anything like it!

I think most bunnies just don't have the ability for this kind of interaction. Nibbles seems to be quite used to being out and about though. Loved the last shot where she's sleeping underneath the desk. :love:

I would give anything to take Jenna with me to work. In a deli is not really the best place, but I'd like a job that would allow such a thing. I did read the next story about the Jack Russell that got signed off sick because she got stressed out trying to help students cope with stress at university. :( That would probably be Jenna, she couldn't handle all the extra handling.

Yes I guess Jenna wouldn't be the idea dog to take to work for you then :) It so much depends on the job, the atmosphere at work and the animal. Rabbits would rarely fit that bill. But some are super-chilled and warm to all the strokes and nose-rubs. Not sure what I think of those 'cat cafes' though, and spas where rabbits are wandering around ... :?

It's a really interesting subject, therapy animals. I know I have wondered whether animals get burnt out by helping.
I saw this article:

https://news.nationalgeographic.com...herapydogs&utm_campaign=Content&sf188415005=1

I know guide dogs have a difficult and stressful job, despite all the rewards.

I've seen a therapy rabbit at a home for people with dementia where I see a private client once a week. Initially I was horrified and thought it was cruel but the bun was totally relaxed and loving the attention so I changed my mind. I don't think either of my current two would be suitable but I have had buns in the past who would have coped well.

I've seen a therapy rabbit at a home for people with dementia where I see a private client once a week. Initially I was horrified and thought it was cruel but the bun was totally relaxed and loving the attention so I changed my mind. I don't think either of my current two would be suitable but I have had buns in the past who would have coped well.

Yes I knew someone who took their rabbit around a home with dementia patients. It brightened up their day as they were unable to communicate otherwise. Something about rabbits that's rather special ..

Back