• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

keeping myself busy

jredk04

Warren Scout
Jack's in for his op today.

His room and cage is nice and clean. i've vac'd, scrubbed and refreshed it all so he's got a nice cosy welcome on his return.

only another couple of hours to go before i know how he's got on.

Juliex

Hi Julie - awwwwww - sounds like Jack will have a lovely cosy spot to come home to with loads of TLC I'll bet.

Is he coming home tonight - if you get chance give us a shout with how your little man is.

Hugs to Jack and you.

Over and out

All will be ok. Its hard when you know stuff like that is going on bt he will be back with you in no time and I am sure he will be very pelased you have made his home super tidy and clean!

Hiya Julie, have you got any news on Jack yet?/ I bet you are missing him like mad, but he will soon be safely at home with you once again.
Best wishes and thinking of you, from Adele

thanks everyone.

he's home safe and sound. :thumb:

i was really worried. much more than i thought i would be. just glad he's home. i gave him a quick cuddle before putting him in his cage. had to shut the door on him so i think he got a bit confused! poor luv.

i've been told to keep hay out of his cage for a couple of days as it may irritate his wound? does this sound right? I can't bare the thought of him having none so i've put a tiny bit through the bars of his cage to nibble on.

also, one nurse told me to keep him confined two days the other said overnight. what do you think?

Juliex

The experts will advise you on the hay issue but I just wanted to say I'm glad everything went well for Jack today.

Aww glad to hear everything went well,i was also told no hay for bedding so they had hay in there hay racks,when claude was done i was told cage rest for week,miffy went straight into the puppy pen which is quite big but she only strated to run around a couple of days ago

I kept Evo in his cage for a couple of days after he was 'done'. As for the hay..... a hay rack is best, that way he'll still be able to nibble without being irritated by it. If you haven't got one...I'm sure you could rig something up, or put some shorter strands of hay in a bowl.

I agree a compremise so he can eat hay but not sit on it would be best. Either poking it through the bars or a hay rack would work.

Boy bunnies usually bounce back in no time. See what he's like tommorow if he's tearing the place apart because he wants to get out then best let him. Just remove things he can climb on so he can't be too hyper and hurt himself.

I'm glad he's safe home again :D

Tam

Glad to hear Jack is OK!

I kept Blueberry in for 2 days, then restristed freedom - no boxes or anything she could jump on and then free run after a week.

Blueberry was sleepy for about a day and didn't like been kept in. But boys recover quicker so see how he is tomorrow.

Boy bunnies usually bounce back in no time. See what he's like tommorow if he's tearing the place apart because he wants to get out then best let him.

:lol: Just had to tell him off. he wants to come out tonight! He's looking really well. eating and pooing. fingers crossed it stays that way.

juliex

what with my 17month old son and my new boy Jack, i think i'm becoming quite bossy!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

doing well (i think) !
as a protest to the changes made in his cage and room he's opted to poo & wee on his pro-fleece and not in the littertray. so, this morning, i've replaced the fleece with the littertray at this, alternative, end of the cage. this seems to be working.
just checked on him and he's fast asleep. but this morning when i went to sort out his cage he insisted on a quick nosey around his room. i watched him for any superaerobics but he was fine.
i've decided to keep him locked up for the rest of the day until the evening when i'll let him out for an hour or so. then if alls well tomorrow i'll do the grand re-opening of his cage!

Back