• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

WARNING..Taboo subject...rabbit favourites

joey&boo

Wise Old Thumper
I don't really expect anyone (necessarily) to confess to having a favourite rabbit - the very idea :lol: But fancied chatting about it anyway if anyone cares to join in. Most of us on here have or have had multiple rabbits.

I quiz OH on whether he prefers Joey,Boo or Mouse & he will always profess to love them equally but I know he loves Joey a little bit more than the girls. I asked his sister & she also has Joey on a pedestal on account of his uppy ears :lol:

On RU I love (love love) it when someone says one of my bunnies is their RU faves, not worried about favouritism there. Some members have bunnies where I feel kinda attached to all / both but proper in awe of one...and I sometimes worry this shows

Over to you before I ramble more madness

Last edited:
I had one. Now my current two are both lovely, I honestly couldn't choose :) everyone tends to prefer Atticus though he's more friendly to everyone now... Whereas Clementine is very close to me after all her hands on treatment for her legs.. But she's definitely harder to get close to and she's very sassy when she wants to be [emoji38]

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Inspector Morse, but I guess that is pretty obvious to many RUers :D

OQg8hsO.jpg

pqtv12S.png

IVPMllX.jpg

h1Keboi.jpg

AovZlDQ.jpg

I would maybe say Dilly as he has been so poorly and needs me more, but that was before he stripped the wallpaper off the dining room wall yesterday!

I feel guilty for saying I love my boys more. I've had quite a few buns over the years, but I find the boys friendlier, more likely to approach for a fuss, or to interact with me whatever I am doing, whereas my girls have been a bit more independent. I love them all for their personalities but love my boys!

I thought the thread title said Tattoo subject :lol:

:lol: How many RU's have rabbit or hare tattoos? I agreed to get a tattoo for my 60th birthday, a friend at work wanted one so nagged me into getting one with her. She got hers (some forget-me-nots on her ankle to remember her Mother who had passed away shortly before) but I chickened out. I wanted a rabbit sitting up on hindlegs put on my ankle/lower calf, only a small one, but haven't got the courage up yet!

Thanks for your answers. Interesting Pippins mum- my soul bun was a boy but since him I've only had one more male.

C&D - I can relate to that, when we got Mouse she seemed so vulnerable I felt I needed to "protect" her & i think I felt more love. Same with Boo's recent health shenanigans

JJ- lovely photos of Morse.

[/B]:lol: How many RU's have rabbit or hare tattoos? I agreed to get a tattoo for my 60th birthday, a friend at work wanted one so nagged me into getting one with her. She got hers (some forget-me-nots on her ankle to remember her Mother who had passed away shortly before) but I chickened out. I wanted a rabbit sitting up on hindlegs put on my ankle/lower calf, only a small one, but haven't got the courage up yet!

I have though if I could go back in time I wouldn't. My first was a pencil drawing of a little bun but looked more like a road map of England :lol: I had that covered over with the black swirly rabbit from Watership down . I don't know what I was thinking :lol:

I have favourites in different categories if that makes any sense. Luna is my favourite for having a good cuddle if I need it, Orion is my favourite for if I need a good laugh. he get angry and digs on my blankets if I give him a cuddle, but he's so small and his legs aren't big enough so he looks like he's punching it.

Snoopy was my favourite for playing with, we'd often play tug-o-war :love:

I'm very close to them in different ways I suppose.

I will say, Luna I've been extremely close to due to her horrible past and how poorly she was after her spay. I was the first human she really trusted and I had to teach her I'm friend and not here to hurt her. we both went through some hard times but learned to understand one another. somewhat had to rebuild her from the ground up.

My OH adores the lops in our family; he doesn't even make his bias a secret :lol:. Arce is particularly special to him. And everyone loves Elphie. :love:

I love all my current rabbits, but often for different reasons. Some are certainly more human-oriented than others which, imo, can easily lead to bias. But the very idea of having to give any of them up? It's like tearing my heart out of my chest. And of course, I do love and miss all my bridge bunnies.

As for RU favourites? I have a few, of course.

That’s such a good, but difficult question!

I had a bunny when I was a child and I loved her so much, she used to just cuddle with me and we were best pals! Unfortunately this was in a time of little bunny knowledge and she died before she was 1 and it bugs me to this day I don’t know why. So she’s a big past favourite.

Out of my two now, Luther just squeaks past Truffle just because he connected with me when I rescued him (nearly a year ago this weekend when I first met him, a collapsed bunny). He gives kisses and lets me stroke him.
But I love that Truffle is his own bunny and he licks only my trousers lol! I think we should have stroked him and cuddled more when he was a baby and maybe he would be more loving.

Not sure how much I answered the question hahaha!

Pictures are of Blossom, my first bunny <3

dd9f0fd6bfc1790a55ab1b3e4cbc37b3.jpg

2162494d9f64fceac88d0fc5481c8e6d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Truffpuff - those photos of you & your first bunny are so, so lovely.

I agree, I love all my bunnies past & present for different reasons. I do think Boo might leave a bigger hole than most when her time comes - she is just so delightfully full on, adventurous & ever present. I've never had a bunny that made me laugh so much, she is the funniest thing

Obviously it goes without saying that they are all amazing in their own unique way and I love all of them. But if I had to choose it would probably be fluffy Buffy. Mainly because she's my proudest rabbit achievement as she has come such a long way since we rescued her.

Here she is :) https://i.imgur.com/sbZBCp6.jpg x

Obviously it goes without saying that they are all amazing in their own unique way and I love all of them. But if I had to choose it would probably be fluffy Buffy. Mainly because she's my proudest rabbit achievement as she has come such a long way since we rescued her.

Here she is :) https://i.imgur.com/sbZBCp6.jpg x

You did an amazing job for her. I remember what a sorry state she was in when you first rescued her [emoji17]

I have to admit though I do have a soft spot for the notorious Demon Dottie. I think it's the punky hairdo and attitude!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Of my four bridge bunnies - Matthew, because he was my cuddly boy. I loved the others, too, even though I wasn't enough for them.

I suppose I do have a ‘favourite’ in Millie as she is the most interactive of the 3 - comes up on the sofa with us, doesn’t mind being picked up, throws some amazing binkies and she’s the only one of the 3 who has mastered the dead bunny flop and gives me heart failure on a regular basis. The 2 boys aren’t as keen on humans but they are still fascinating to watch.

I don't really expect anyone (necessarily) to confess to having a favourite rabbit - the very idea :lol: But fancied chatting about it anyway if anyone cares to join in. Most of us on here have or have had multiple rabbits.

I quiz OH on whether he prefers Joey,Boo or Mouse & he will always profess to love them equally but I know he loves Joey a little bit more than the girls. I asked his sister & she also has Joey on a pedestal on account of his uppy ears :lol:

On RU I love (love love) it when someone says one of my bunnies is their RU faves, not worried about favouritism there. Some members have bunnies where I feel kinda attached to all / both but proper in awe of one...and I sometimes worry this shows

Over to you before I ramble more madness

*whispers very quietly so the buns can't hear* .... Mouse ....

*speaking normally* ... I love them all. They're each amazing in their own special way.

With my girls I don't have a favourite in all honesty. Daphne is so full on and such a diva (although we usually call her a female dog). She'll definitely leave a huge hole when she leaves us. Her little looks of disapproval just make me love her all the more.
Phoebe is well, the baby... she was so cuddly and so cute but she's secretly a confident bun who was flopping from 30 mins of coming home. She's constantly nudging us and begging for food... her cuteness just melts my heart.

You did an amazing job for her. I remember what a sorry state she was in when you first rescued her [emoji17]

I have to admit though I do have a soft spot for the notorious Demon Dottie. I think it's the punky hairdo and attitude!

Thats kind of you to say, thank you ;)

Ha yes, Demon Dottie :lol: Do you know what though, she's actually been much better recently and will even tolerate a nose rub :shock::) x

Back