• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny home help

cloflash

New Kit
Hi everyone

I have recently split up with my partner and I have left the home. I am going to be collecting my bunny in the next week or so but I need some advise with housing for him.

I have moved to my mums house and she has no room in the house to keep his cage (baring in mind he is a free roam house bunny with a greyhound cage we never close) and she suggested we put his cage in the playhouse and get him boxes to fill with straw so he can stay warm etc. We will open up the playhouse in the day so he can have regular pets from my mum and her child minding children in the day, but I just feel so guilty and worried about him being used to being inside the house and then putting him in a playhouse, even though he’s not necessarily in an outside hutch!

Seen as there is not even room for me in the house, I will be sleeping in my mums caravan on the driveway, would I be okay to keep him with me overnight without upsetting him too much? And then I thought at least it will be a little warmer at night for him and he usually sleeps on the bed - can you tell he’s a spoilt bun yet? :lol:

To put it straight, I need as much advise as possible to help my bun be as comfortable as possible until I have sorted myself out a new home for me and him.

Thanks everyone

He should be fine in the wendy house. Lots of people on here have rabbits living in converted sheds or wendy houses, and putting him outside at this time of year is OK - there won't be a huge temperature difference as there would be in winter.

Boxes of hay or straw would also be a good idea as a nest area. However, I would discourage visiting young children from having access to him. They can easily stress out or hurt a rabbit, and could get bitten, scratched or kicked in return. It's best for both if your rabbit is kept in a safe area where children and predators (eg cats, dogs, foxes, birds of prey) can't get to him - so a roofed run attached to the wendy house would work.

Thank you so much for your reply - I was just more worried that seen as he is used to being in the house that he wouldn’t do so well in the playhouse! As long as he will be happy and comfortable then I am happy and having a second opinion and suggestions is so much help and puts my mind at rest!

Back