• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dimwit moment - how often for RHD2 vac?i

I asked this at the vets last year, normally 12 monthly, unless you are in a high risk situation where they recommend 6 monthly

Richard

Edit, high risk was going into boarding or if we had wildies in the garden

It depends which vaccination they have had, and your individual circumstances. According to their formal licensing information, the eravac duration of immunity is 9 months and filavac duration of immunity is 12 months. However a 6 monthly booster has been recommended if the animals are likely to be under high stress (and hence not produce a suitable immune response) such as does used for breeding, some rescue situations, or if there is a particularly high risk of coming into contact with the virus e.g. wild rabbits in the garden. For most pet owners, the normal licensing information will be sufficient - if in doubt, ring and ask your vet what they recommend for your situation :)

It is 6 monthly isn't it? I can't find the vaccination cards to check. :roll:

Hi Glingle

I do every year for Filavac, as that's the duration of immunity on the data sheet. If your vet reckons your rabbits need it every six monthly, you must be in a high risk area. Do they not send you reminders? I am always bombarded :lol:

Rarely a vet will give Eravac and that duration of immunity is 9 months.
Have you any idea which they had? Otherwise reception at the vet should let you know ...

I've tried to keep my thread up to date (below in signature) but it's a lot of reading :D

It is 6 monthly isn't it? I can't find the vaccination cards to check. :roll:

It depends which vaccination they have had, and your individual circumstances. According to their formal licensing information, the eravac duration of immunity is 9 months and filavac duration of immunity is 12 months. However a 6 monthly booster has been recommended if the animals are likely to be under high stress (and hence not produce a suitable immune response) such as does used for breeding, some rescue situations, or if there is a particularly high risk of coming into contact with the virus e.g. wild rabbits in the garden. For most pet owners, the normal licensing information will be sufficient - if in doubt, ring and ask your vet what they recommend for your situation :)

Santa has given you excellent advice. Her Facebook Group has very accurate and well researched info about RHD2 which many Vets also follow :D

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1744958082388756/

Santa has given you excellent advice. Her Facebook Group has very accurate and well researched info about RHD2 which many Vets also follow :D

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1744958082388756/

:thumb: Yup. At FHB's Nurses CPD day in October Frances was happy to regard Santa as an authority when it came to RHD2 in particular and frequently asked her is she could confirm or add to her own knowledge on the subject. ... seems a pretty good endorsement to me ;)

:thumb: Yup. At FHB's Nurses CPD day in October Frances was happy to regard Santa as an authority when it came to RHD2 in particular and frequently asked her is she could confirm or add to her own knowledge on the subject. ... seems a pretty good endorsement to me ;)

:thumb:

Back