• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Angus is being naughty again

Alicia

Mama Doe
:evil: he keeps trying to get out of the sitting room where he lives. We can’t shut the door properly at the moment because it sticks and it gets too hot in this weather so we’ve been pushing it to and he’s not attempted to get out. All of yesterday and today he’s been using his feet and his teeth to pull the door open and he disappears off into the bedroom and sits under the bed. I don’t want him in there because it’s cluttered and I’m concerned he’s going to wee in there. Is there anything I can do apart from shutting him in his cage. I know I need to get the door fixed but I don’t want him to damage it trying to get out because we rent

I thought about buying some puppy pen panels to block the door off but that would be a pain to have to keep stepping over and I think he’d try and push through/jump

Angus says it’s all lies, butter wouldn’t melt in his mouth
30a9a8i.jpg

Aww he's adorable. I definitely believe his claims of innocence! I think you'll just have to block the door off with something or buy a pressure fit baby gate that you can walk through - you might need to put some extra mesh or add some cardboard across it to stop him squeezing through though.

I guess it depends whether he's the kind that would try to jump over a baby gate? I've never had rabbits interested in jumping over gates (although Izzy chewed on one) and it's honestly easier to step over gates than you'd think. Keeps you flexible too! :lol:

Personally I'd get the kind of dog gate that has mesh instead of bars if possible(or else make the bar kind safer by adding mesh). Bars make me uncomfortable, thinking what if a bunny or other animal got stuck in the bars.

I think he is (I’m not sure what his markings are called but he has got black, brown and white on him) he’s such a lovely little character, he’s a bit like a dog

2gvvvj7.jpg

I’ve bought a mesh stairgate and I’m picking it up on Wednesday. Angus has now learnt how to jump onto the table, this is fun :lol:

Back