• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

General Advice

WonderBunn

Alpha Buck
As you may have seen I have just got some bunnies and I just signed up to this forum.

Is there any general advice you can give me to look out for?
I have 2 females (1 about 9 months old, 1 2 months old) and 1 male (9 months old). The two eldest are mum and dad to the little one and have both had the operation, the little one has not yet. Just to give you an idea of my situation!

Any general tips or tricks or hints or whatever would be great.

Welocme to this happy band of bunny loving nutters!!! The advice I would give is to pour yourself a large drink and read thorugh the past rabbit care posts from the very beginning - you'll find lots of useful stuff.

Hehe sounds a good idea. Will have to wait til I am at home for that one.

Work at the mo :(

But will definately have a quick read through

erm, I'm warning you **** it will not be a quick read and its addictive ****
5.gif

Its already paid off.

I found a thread about cages/mesh runs etc and now I have made yet another ebay purchase for them. Should be able to construct a run with those and thats what I was looking for, something for indoors.

These outdoor little buns that I got are going to be spending 90% of their time inside!

WonderBunn said:
Its already paid off.

I found a thread about cages/mesh runs etc and now I have made yet another ebay purchase for them. Should be able to construct a run with those and thats what I was looking for, something for indoors.
These outdoor little buns that I got are going to be spending 90% of their time inside!

**Jill sits here with a smug, I told you so look on her face **
How come you managed to buy something on ebay straightaway, I fail miserably at that..... grrrrr

Today I gave them a box to hide in and they seem to like hiding in there!! Think they are trying to fight their way out though too... I put some straw in there too and I think there is more outside the box than inside!

Its all interesting reading and judging by the posts if its not already here then everyone is willing to pitch in with advice

Back