• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Not litter trained anymore

Alicia

Mama Doe
Angus has always been great and used his litter tray all the time (apart from occasionally weeing over the edge) but now he mostly poos in his litter tray but also on the rug. Why would this be? Is there anything I can do to get him to always use his litter tray?

My two bridge buns used the litter tray 90% of the time,however RIO the boy used to sometimes when the living room would look at me and then decide to lift his tail just outside the tray.If I spotted him doing this I would shout "Hoi litter tray".He would then jump into it ,he then flicked his big old feet at me and shakes his head .I thought he's keeping me on my toes.:lol:

Sometimes when we come home he’s weed in the sitting room, and just now he jumped on the sofa and weed on my leg?! Is it because his litter tray needs cleaning, is it perhaps too dirty for him to want to use? This is really confusing me and I don’t want to shut him in his cage when we’re not here but at the moment it seems like the only option, I’m worried he’s going to wee somewhere and we might not see it and then it’ll smell. I don’t mind poo so much at least I can sweep that up

Back