• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I can tell when its pack lunch time for Mouse

joey&boo

Wise Old Thumper
...as she gets a faraway look in her eyes, her lower back starts twitching & then she'll start munching away. J&B don't do the back twitching thing & I can't remember seeing it in any of my other rabbits. Has anyone else seen this? I assume its nothing to worry about?

...as she gets a faraway look in her eyes, her lower back starts twitching & then she'll start munching away. J&B don't do the back twitching thing & I can't remember seeing it in any of my other rabbits. Has anyone else seen this? I assume its nothing to worry about?

Yep, I have seen several Rabbits do it before feasting on their 'packed lunch' ...................:mrgreen:

Yes!! My chinchillas do this every time!! :lol:

Probably shouldn't get quite so excited about poop... :mrgreen:

Ha! It sounds very similar to how Snoopy preps for lunch. He sits up, gets a far away look in his eyes like he's pondering some deep philosophical question then sticks his head down and starts tucking in!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He, he. I'm pleased to hear other buns & chinchillas do the same. Eating poo is obviously a very spiritual experience for our long (& round) eared friends .

Scrappy - does Snoopy twitch too?

Last edited:
He, he. I'm pleased to hear other buns & chinchillas do the same. Eating poo is obviously a very spiritual experience for our long (& round) eared friends .

Scrappy - does Snoopy twitch too?

I don't think he does. I'm waiting for him to have another snack so I can double check. The buns have been in the bedroom most of the day and have only just come out to join me. The bedroom is their favourite place to be at the moment as they've realised there's a full length mirror in there and they like to spend their time admiring their own reflections!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mimzy would just go for it. :roll:
I don't recall seeing Pip with hers much. She was a more 'private' muncher. But Fiver would start making motions with his mouth that looked like he'd got chewing gum stuck behind his back teeth, then he'd make a big production out of his "dive!" :lol:

Only bunny owners delight in discussing poop! :lol:

Yes Lola does! I think Cookie does too but Lola has a really strong twitch when its ceacal time! She also has a twitch she does before she starts to do the bunny praying grooming session. :D

Willow does this and he does it when you give no something delicious to eat too. Fleur does it sometimes eating her ceco-poops but I've never seen any of the others doing it.

Yep, seen this :D

Must be tasty :lol:

Wahey, heres to our lovely back twitching poo munchers.

Really interesting that some do it just in anticipation of other foods

mine were completely non plussed about ings - annoying as its much more local. I liked it though - it smelt lovely

Back