• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

How to tell if pregnant

Niklovesrats

Warren Scout
Hi All,

Im going to cut a long story short. I have 2 rabbits that are sisters, a lady whose rabbit had babies brought them to where I work to be sexed and I fell in love and had them. That was a few months ago. She has got in touch and asked if I want their sister. I said no... I have 11, I need 1 more to pair with my youngest but he has only just been neutered and im not ready. Anyway she came to where I work with the rabbit and said that she had 3, the mother, the sister and what she thought was another sister but is actually a brother... she thinks mum and sister are pregnant and she was in a state cause she has nowhere for them to go to be separated. I agreed to bring the sister home (she had her in a box with her) make her comfortable and let her have her babies in peace and quiet. I also told her that I would have to find good homes for any babies. My question is how do I know whether or not she is pregnant?? She first told me on 11th April that she had discovered the she was a he so that's 17 days ago..... also what is the risk that if she is pregnant its her brother who is the dad?? Thanks for any advice in advance x

There is no way of knowing if she is pregnant, you will just have to wait until about the 31st day, give or take a day, when she will start building a nest. She may do this earlier in readiness.

Back