• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Introducing Meadowbloom and Neonara

tlcwrites

Mama Doe
XfSN7Kd.jpg

Neonara (top) and Meadowbloom

Meadowbloom and Neonara came from Honeybunnies. We'd decided to bond all our outdoor rabbits into one huge group this spring/summer regardless. Then my grandfather died, and Mum wanted another rabbit with ears that go 'up' instead of down in his memory. (Grandad always said real rabbits had ears that go up; lops aren't "real" apparently.) OH, meanwhile, adores lops. Honeybunnies then did an appeal for homes for 3 pairs - a pair of lops, a Nethie and a lop, and a pair of dutches.

I tentatively asked about the Nethie/lop pair. They were the oldest of the three pairs, and had something to make both Mum and OH happy. And I'm not fussy; I love all rabbits. I was pipped at the post regarding the Nethie/lop pair, but Jill asked if I would consider the dutch pair as nobody had shown any interest in them. Showed the picture to Mum and the deal was done. We've had a dutch cross before, in Apollo, but these are the first purebreed dutches to become Wayward Buns.

Meadowbloom is a 3 year old steel dutch. She is dainty and delicately drawn, with gorgeous markings. She has a slightly strange growth over her right eye. Apparently this has been there for the whole time the original owner had her. However, we'll keep an eye (hah) on it. She is quite a cautious and comparatively timid rabbit. However, she loves headrubs and they are always available in this household. Her "full" name is Meadowbloom Ursula Honeybunny, and she's the first Honeybunny doe we've adopted. For the most part, she'll simply be called "Meadow".

Neonara is a 2.5 year old mismarked black dutch. He's overweight, but I'm hoping that being in a big group will make him exercise all that off. He is the more confident of the two by far, and appears to like to live up to his weight - he's large and in charge! The "mismarking" on the back of his head looks like a black butterfly has landed on his neck. I also very much get the feeling that this laddy might just follow in the footsteps of Yuki Winter and be a very cheeky chappie. His "full" name is Neonara Drifter Honeybunny, and he'll mostly be referred to as "Neo".

So, here's some photos of Meadow and Neo. They are not great, but give me time and I'll be able to get some better ones of these 2 newest Wayward Buns. :)

Meadowbloom

vdQskKO.jpg

pKSbsWD.jpg

YzStage.jpg

kLzDCnA.jpg

Neonara

B3iimYS.jpg

HgR6bui.jpg

MFMdgU3.jpg

p2a1rAG.jpg

Congratulations on your fantastically named new rabbits. I love dutch rabbits.

Good luck with the bonding.

Gorgeous pair. I'm a tiny (big) bit jealous. I love Dutch bunnies and had seen them on Honeybunnies Facebook page.

Hope they settle in smoothly. ❤❤❤

Thank you everyone. I love naming animals, and figuring out what suits. :) (And obviously I have a penchant especially for the rarer names too, but I think everyone already knew that.) They are a very sweet pair and seem to be settling down well. Neo seems to be a lover, not a fighter; he's loafed next to fellow Honeybunny, Morpheus Seahorse right now. Meadow is pretty calm as a whole and getting more interested in people and other rabbits by the day.

I forgot to mention in the post but a massive, massive thank you to keletkezes for doing the bunny run! I really appreciate it, and it was wonderful to meet you. :)

Back